We are going to discuss tips to manage your social accounts in this article.
Over the past few years, we have seen an increase in the presence of brands on social media. In fact, 57% of the world’s population is online. The management of social networks has therefore become a crucial issue for companies.
If you want your product or service to reach as many people as possible, your business must also have a social media presence. But is being there enough? Of course not ! It may seem difficult to get started and quickly obtain strong visibility against the competition. We are therefore here to share with you our best tips for effective community management. Let’s go !
- What is social media presence?
- 1. Define your goals
- 2. Get to know your target audience
- 3. Develop a winning game plan
- 4. Use tools to strengthen your social media strategy
- 5. Humanize your brand
- 6. Look for connections, not just followers
- 7. Share quality visual content on your social networks
- 8. Optimize your accounts to generate more engagement
- 9. Analyze your social media performance
- 10. Don’t be afraid to pay for advertising
What is social media presence?
Digital presence refers to the visibility of a company on social networks and the link it establishes with its community. The stronger your presence, the more trust you can build with your audience.
And if you’re still wondering if the game is worth it, take a look at this stat.
Social networks continue to grow year after year. It is therefore essential to develop an effective social media strategy, otherwise you risk losing valuable customers and promising results.
1. Define your goals
Why are you on social media? You need to know the goals that drive your actions . So don’t wait any longer. Take a paper and write down your goals!
Before we go any further, here are some things you should keep in mind when setting goals:
- Be specific
- Set achievable goals
- Make sure your goals are measurable
By assigning a concrete goal to your social media efforts, you avoid the trap of posting on social media aimlessly.
2. Get to know your target audience
Now that you have your goal in mind, let’s look at your target audience. And no, “everyone” is not your audience. It is essential to design your social media strategy around your audience. This will help you determine the platforms on which you must be present, but also each content that you will create. Without the support of your audience, your strategy will remain without results.
If you want to create posts that resonate with your audience, you need to know what matters most to them.
For most businesses, one of the biggest challenges is connecting with the right audience. To find yours, you need to figure out what your target demographic is and what social networks they use.
Indeed, it is not necessary to publish on all social networks. What matters is to create an impact on those where you are present. It’s not the quantity that counts, it’s the quality! Research and plan your social media presence based on your goals and target audience.
3. Develop a winning game plan
There is a saying: to fail to plan is to plan to fail. Indeed, writing a strategy is the key to turning your vision into reality.
As you prepare your strategy, consider the social networks on which you will post messages. Make sure these appeal to your target audience and match your goals.
Here are some things to help you with your strategy:
- Make a list of upcoming festivals and special days;
- Create a content theme to give your audience a unified experience;
- Prepare a list of hashtags for the different platforms;
- Be sure to cover your major events, new product releases, etc.
Whatever you do, without planning you will fail in social media marketing! So use social media editorial calendar tools (Google Sheets, Trello, etc.) to organize and publish all your content in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Use tools to strengthen your social media
Social media management tools are going to be your lifeline. Imagine being on 8 different platforms and manually posting to each of them 3 times a day. What a nightmare ! So let’s leave the monotonous work to the tools!
Here are some quick tips to help you stay active and productive:
- Integrate post scheduling and automation to save time and effort.
- Choose and prioritize your social networks based on your audience with an editorial calendar.
- Find ways to reuse content so you don’t have to start from scratch with each post (turn a photo into a GIF, a story into videos, etc.).
Staying active on social media doesn’t have to be time-consuming.
5. Humanize your brand
Although all the digital innovations have made communication easier, behind our screens we feel disconnected from each other! It lacks life, emotions, and humans! One of the biggest mistakes to make on social media is giving the impression of a faceless, personalityless company. In the modern era, we want transparency. Your followers want to learn about your business on a more personal level.
Go to the other side of the screen. Show your audience what’s going on in your office, introduce them to your employees, show the humans behind your brand. Remember that it’s the stories that sell. We humans connect through stories. Stories inspire ideas and encourage interaction. Tell the story of your brand, of the creation of your favorite product.
6. Look for connections, not just followers
We can debate all day whether your follower count is a measure of vanity or not. That said, having 100 subscribers who regularly interact with you and your content is infinitely more valuable than 10,000 who ignore you.
If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to building relationships, here are some quick ideas:
- Always mention the people you refer to in your social media posts;
- Answer the questions people ask you;
- Respond when people @mention you or share your content;
- Don’t just retweet and like other people’s content, reply with a comment to start a conversation;
- Feel free to add icons to the footer of your site or your email signature. Anyone who comes into contact with your brand should be just one click away from subscribing to your social networks.
7. Share quality content on your social networks
Are you taking advantage of the visual potential of your publications? Visual content is essential to boost your social media engagement. Using visuals should be the main ingredient of your social media strategy.
The image-based Instagram platform is exploding. Facebook notes that live videos generate six times more interest than any other type of content. And for those looking to increase their Twitter following, graphics and videos get far more shares than text messages.
The good news is that you don’t have to have expensive equipment or a movie production budget to get visuals. Consider images such as team photos, products, ongoing projects, infographics, etc.
8. Optimize your accounts to generate more leads
First, don’t let the word “optimization” scare you off. Unlike web referencing, optimizing your social networks is not particularly technical. Your profile can be optimized with keywords and filling in your account information completely: use your Instagram bio to link to promotions, make their brand voice heard, and more.
Here are some quick ways to optimize your social media presence:
- Add relevant keywords in your profile;
- Share content related to your industry, including keywords and hashtags in your posts;
- Connect to popular accounts in your industry to increase your visibility (tip: don’t be afraid to follow others).
9. Analyze your social media performance
Before you get started on social media, you set goals and key performance indicators to make sure you’re on the right track; make sure they align with your business and user goals.
There are a multitude of indicators to analyze your data . You can measure engagement metrics (metrics you’ll typically find in the community platform, like logins) and business metrics (metrics you’ll find by looking at business numbers). Engagement metrics measure how active your community is, while business metrics measure the business impact of the community.
These stats can help you treat social media less like a guessing game and more like a science. Use your results to adapt your strategy.
If you have a project or need expertise, call on our social media experts from the digital marketing agency in Lahore. They provide niche-specific services.
10. Don’t be afraid to pay for advertising
Whether you like it or not, social media is no longer the totally “free” channel it used to be. While it’s still possible to do a lot organically, Facebook’s algorithm update and new business features rolling out to Instagram make it clear that businesses need to experiment with ads.
But it’s not just the ads that grab attention. With the recent development of influencer marketing, paid relationships between content creators are becoming more and more common.
The good news is that social media ads and influencer marketing can have a huge return on investment. Between targeting on Facebook and tapping into hyper-engaged influencer audiences, a paid strategy definitely has a place in your business strategy.