Have you ever wondered how to merge multiple CSV files into one? Continue reading to learn how.
Hello, my colleague recently sent me a large number of CSV files. There are a lot of contacts in these CSV files. I’m having trouble organizing them correctly. It would be great if I could combine them all into one, but I’m not sure how. I’m looking for a decent solution that will allow me to easily merge many CSV files into one. Please recommend a suitable one.
Although a CSV file can store a significant quantity of data, the size of these files makes it difficult to share them with others. As a result, several, smaller CSV files are frequently created from larger ones. When you need to change your data, this procedure might become extremely difficult. Fortunately, CSV files work with the majority of software programs, making it simple to import your CSV files into desktop and online spreadsheet programs.
Table of Contents
- How to merge CSV files using CMD commend?
- How to merge CSV files using Power Query?
- Quick steps to merge CSV files into one
- A professional method to merge multiple CSV files into one
- How to utilize professional method to merge CSV files?
- Why should you use professional method over manual?
- Frequently asked questions
How Several CSV Files May be Combined into One?
To increase your efficiency and effectiveness in data transformation and management, combining CSV files into one is essential. We will demonstrate three effective techniques to merge CSV files into a single file so that you may avoid making human errors when using the conventional copy and paste method:
- Combine numerous CSV files into one using Excel’s Power Query tool.
- Merge CSV files using the Command Prompt tool in Windows.
- Use the Professional CSV Merge Tool to efficiently and securely merge CSV files
It’s worth noting that Power Query is only accessible as a built-in function in Excel 2019 and 365. You cannot use any of the tools, including the “Power Query Editor,” if you are working on Mac OS.
We recommend proceeding to the final section to learn about alternate methods for combining numerous CSV files into one file. Let’s start by demonstrating how to use Excel’s Power Query feature.
Also Find the Steps to Convert Excel Files to vCard
How to use Power Query to integrate many CSV files into one?
We demonstrate how Power Query can be used to import data from different sources and then combine and merge tables in accordance with your formatting preferences in How to Use Excel Power Query for Beginners.
The nicest part of this is that not a single line of code will need to be written. We’ll now demonstrate how to import, combine, and prepare numerous CSV files in the manner of your choice.
Step1. Navigate to the folder containing all of your CSV files. Otherwise, make a folder that just contains the CSV files you want to combine.
Step2, Select Data > Get Data > From File > From Folder from within an open Excel worksheet.
Step3. Click “Open” after selecting the folder containing the CSV files.
Step4. Decide between “Combine & Transform Data,” “Combine & Load,” or “Combine & Load To…” from the “Combine” drop-down menu. The first option, which puts all CSV files into the “Power Query Editor” so you may arrange and filter the data however you like, is what we advise.
Step5. Click “OK” to continue after leaving the “Combine Files” window’s default selection alone.
Step6. If the folder contains other files, turn on the filter in the “Source.Name” column in the “PowerQuery Editor” box to remove each additional file.
Step7. Click on the header of the column you want to change the data formatting for, and then select “Data Type”. You can convert some values, for instance, to “Currency” or “Date” forms.
Step8. If you want to maintain unique values, choose the “unique identifier” column, and then choose Remove Rows > Remove Duplicates.
Step9. To close and load your work after editing it, select Home > Close & Load or “Close & Load To…” This depends on whether or not you want to import your data as a “PivotTable” or “PivotTable chart” to a new sheet or an existing sheet as a table. Here, I’ll choose option 1 because I want to import it as a table onto a different sheet.
How to use Command Prompt to Merge Multiple CSV files into One Excel?
To ensure that the Command Prompt tool, often known as CMD, functions correctly, keep all of the CSV files you plan to combine into one Excel file in a single folder.
Step1. When you right-click the folder containing your CSV files while holding down Shift, choose “Copy path” from the menu. This feature will also be accessible in Windows 10’s File Explorer’s Home tab.
Step2. For the “Run” box to appear, press Windows+R. To open the Command Prompt, enter “cmd” and then press “OK”.
Step3. In the “Command Prompt” window, type “cd” and then a space. Press Ctrl + V to paste the folder path. Drag the folder into the “Command Prompt” window to complete the task more quickly. To carry out the command, press “Enter”.
Step4. The command line should now show the folder’s updated path.
Step5. In the command line, type “copy *.csv merged-csv-files.csv” following the folder path. Once finished, hit Enter. Please take note that you can change the filename “merged-csv-files.csv” to one of your choosing.
Step6. Then, navigate to the folder holding your original files after closing the “Command Prompt” window. A file with the name “merged-csv-files.csv” or the name you specified should now be visible.
The techniques you have seen up to this point work with Excel 2019 and 365 as well as Windows 10 and newer versions.
But let’s say you currently use a different operating system, Excel, a different version of Windows, or you want to work online. If so, the tool listed below can be used to merge multiple CSV files into one file.
Quick Steps to Merge CSV Files into One
- Download, install and launch the CSV Merge Tool
- Select CSV Files or Folders and import then into tool
- Click Action button and select Merge CSV Files option
- Browse location and then click the Save button
A Fantastic Tool to Merge Multiple CSV Files into One
CSV Merge Tool by PCDOTS is one of the best and most extensively used tools for combining several CSV files into one. This application is feature-rich and offers numerous advantages to its users. When it comes to merging CSV files, this application is unconstrained, as it allows you to join many CSV files at once without displaying any errors.
It is a Windows-specific tool that works with all the recent and older versions. We’ve outlined all the steps to help you determine how the tool works. Please review all the steps below.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Merge CSV Files
- Download the CSV merge Tool on your Windows device. Install it by following to the terms and condition. Finally run it to Merge CSV files into one.
- Select Choose Files or Choose Folders from the drop-down menu after clicking the Open tab.
- Begin by exploring and selecting CSV files or folders. Then, click on the “Select Folder” option; select all of the CSV files to import into the software.
- You can preview the CSV folders after they have been imported into the tool.
- You may also use the search bar to find anything particular in the CSV files.
- Now, click the Action button and choose the Merge CSV files option.
- Choose where you want the output files saved. To combine numerous CSV files into one, click the Save button.
- Once all the files have been merged, you will be notified. You will also get the gateway to access the location of the resultant files.
So, that is how you may use the software to merge CSV files. We’ve explained some of the tool’s functions below to help you learn more about it. Please take a look at these.
Learn more about the Pro CSV Merge Tool
- Free to Use: The application’s demo version can be used without paying anything. However, you can only merge a small number of files with the trial version. Once you are pleased, you are free to purchase it.
- Easy UI: Even if you are not technically inclined, the tool is quite easy to use. The app can be used by both technical and non-technical users. A simple graphical user interface was employed in its design for user-friendliness.
- Merge in Bulk: One of this application’s main benefits is that it helps you save time while merging large volumes of data. With this app, an unlimited number of CSV files can be combined simultaneously. As a result, consider this program a tool for saving you time.
- 100% Safe and Secure: One thing you can be sure of while using this program is that your CSV files won’t be altered. This program’s objective is to keep CSV files’ formatting and integrity intact.
- Browse Location: The tool allows you to select the directory in which the output files should be kept. You can select any location on your device to keep your files from getting lost or mixed up with other files. You have the option of selecting a different folder on your desktop or any other logical drive.
- Totally Freestanding: The CSV Merge Tool is totally freestanding, so you don’t need to download any additional settings in order to utilize it throughout the merging process. You only need to download the suggested program; nothing else is necessary.
Now, if you have any questions about the tool, you can find answers in the section below. Please check the answers to some frequently asked questions about the tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Can I use Mac OS to run this tool?
A: The Mac OS is incompatible with our solution. Only the Windows Operating System may use it. However, we want to release a Mac version of the tool, so stay tuned to be notified.
Question 2: Why should I go the professional route over the manual route?
A: The manual technique is highly complex. It is also lengthy and only pertains to a specific version of Windows, such as Windows 7. Furthermore, if your CSV files have multiple columns, the manual method will fail. The professional approach, on the other hand, is always superior.
Question 3: Is the CSV Merge Tool restricted in any way?
A: No, the software has no constraints. However, if you use the program’s free edition, you may find some limitations. The free version allows you to merge only the first ten files. Following that, you can buy a license key for unlimited merging.
Question 4: How many CSV files can the tool merge at the same time?
A: You can use the tool to combine an unlimited number of CSV files at once. The utility places no restrictions on the files’ selection or merger.
Question 5: Can this program combine the CSV files from my Gmail account?
A: Yes, regardless of which email account the CSV file was pulled from, our product supports all CSV files. It can combine CSV files from Outlook, Gmail / G Suite, Open Office, and other programs.
Question 6: Should I download any extra settings in between tasks?
A: No, our tool is entirely independent. You are not compelled to download extra settings at any point throughout the merging process.
Note: If you have any other queries, contact us.
We have provided you with an excellent manual and automated method to merge multiple CSV files into one. While the manual method is a bit technical the automated approach is easy. The manual approach is also not suitable if you have varied columns in your CSV files.
The proposed CSV Merge Tool is all-in-one and provides numerous advantages. It includes a free version that you may use to merge a few files and test the functionality. If you find the tool beneficial, please download it from the URL provided above and begin using it immediately.