When it comes to backup, it is a critical decision that can keep you out of a plethora of undesirable situations. The same is true for an email account such as Gmail. If you backup Gmail emails, you can rest assured that you will always be able to review them no matter what happens.
As a result, to assist you avoid any needless situations, we’ll show you how to backup Gmail emails to several platforms in bulk and individually. So, please go over each strategy and determine which one is the best fit for you. So, let’s get started.
Check out The Different Methods to Backup Gmail Emails
Strategy #1 Download the Emails
This Gmail backup option is ideal for users with a small number of emails to backup. That is, if you do not have a huge number of emails and only require a backup of a small number of highly specialised emails, this is the option for you.
As a result, allow us to outline the procedure for you. You browse over it and choose whether or not this Gmail backup solution is the ideal option for you to backup Gmail emails.
How to Backup Emails Using the Download Button
- To begin, log into your Gmail account using the credentials provided.
- After logging into your Gmail account, click on the folder to open it. For instance, navigate to the Inbox folder.
- Now, select the email that you wish to backup.
- After opening the email, click on the three-dot menu to see the other options.
- You will now see a download message; click on it to save your email to your download folder.
Thus, this is the initial approach to backup Gmail emails. As previously said, this strategy is not recommended for those with a large number of emails.
Now, allow us to present you with the second way for backing up emails from Gmail.
Approach #2 Utilize Google’ Takeout Functions
In comparison to the first approach, this Google backup method is optimal for individuals who need to backup a big number of emails concurrently. That is conceivable. Google’s Takeout feature enables you to backup all of your account data.
To be honest, if you are unaware of it, this is not a problem. We provide you with a comprehensive guidebook for this. Please read it and familiarise yourself with it to ensure that you have no problems using this function for backup Gmail emails.
How to Use Google Takeout’s Email Backup Feature
- To begin, log into your Google account by typing the following URL: https://myaccount.google.com.
- Now, you’ll notice that your Google account’s welcome page has opened, complete with numerous options on the left
- Now, among the numerous accessible options, select “Data & Personalisation.”
- Scroll down the screen to the part titled “Download, delete, or create a plan for your data.”
- Now Select the arrow next to the “Download your data” option.
- The first step is to choose the data to include, which means selecting “Mail” and deselecting all other items.
- Now, select the file type, the frequency, and the destination.
- Click Create Export, and then click Download on the new page that appears.
Your Gmail emails have been successfully backed up.
This Gmail backup approach is ideal for individuals who require a large-scale email backup. However, this approach has the following drawbacks:
Your entire data set will be saved in the MBOX format. To open the downloaded Gmail emails, you’ll need a suitable application, and if you don’t have one, you’ll have difficulty viewing your emails.
Now, let’s consider another approach to backup Gmail emails.
Method # 3 Connect Your Google Account to Your System-Based Account
This Gmail backup technique enables you to connect your Gmail account to an account on your system (if you are using one). Almost all device-based clients allow you to create multiple accounts. So you may add your Gmail account and have all of your files on your local disc.
However, because there are so many email accounts available, it is nearly impossible for us to explain the method for each account. However, for your convenience, we’d like to offer you the client process, which is completely free and allows you to connect your Gmail account.
Outlook is a free email service, and we recommend tying it to your Gmail account for backup purposes. Therefore, have a look at the procedure.
How to Integrate a Google Account with Outlook
- If you are not already configured with Outlook, you must first do so.
- After you’ve created the account, you can access it.
- Select File, then Add Accounts. Enter your Gmail email address and click Connect.
- Now, your account will prompt you for your Gmail password; input it and click Sign In.
Note: For Gmail, you must enable two-factor authentication. You will be prompted to enter the code received by text message on your mobile device.
- The pane containing the Google account’s permissions will now appear. Allow should be clicked.
- Once Outlook has finished adding your Gmail account, you can either click Done or add another email account.
Your Gmail account has been successfully connected to your system-based account.
However, this Gmail backup solution is not without drawbacks. If you haven’t created an account and don’t intend to, this is not the method for you.
Now, we’ll discuss the final option to backup Gmail emails.
Approach # 4 Automated Approach
Gmail backup Wizard is the solution that combines the capabilities of all of the previously stated ways. It’s a one-stop shop to backup Gmail emails to a variety of platforms. As a result, you will have a variety of possibilities rather than just one or two.
Thus, we provide you with the steps that must be followed in the automated tool in order to backup Gmail emails to your preferred platform. Therefore, please take a look at these.
Procedure for Using an Automated Approach to Backup Emails from Gmail
- Download Gmail data Backup Tool, install, and then launch it
- Enter your Gmail email address and password
- Click Export, select the saving option and finally click the Backup button
We invite you to consider the tool’s quality in order to make the best guesses possible about this automated technique.
Examine the Automated Method’s Qualities
- It is capable of backing up all Gmail account folders simultaneously.
- Allows you to backup any specific folder in your account rather than all.
- Provides the ability to backup Gmail emails to PDF and various other document formats.
- Additionally, it allows you to export emails from Gmail to EML, MBOX, and other formats.
- Allows you to choose another Gmail account or any other account that supports IMAP.
- Allows you to include the email header in order to validate the complete email path.
- You can utilise the backup folder name option to easily identify the resulting files.
That’s it for the automated approach. Now, if you want and find it best, you can use this method.
We’ve included all available options for backing up Gmail emails. Each of these strategies is unique and is utilised for a variety of purposes. One is optimal for backups of a few emails, while the other is optimal for backups of mountains of folders. As a result, you can tailor their utilisation to your specific requirements and convenience. Therefore, please choose prudently.
You May Also Look At;