5 Super Easy, Quick and Healthy Recipes for Pregnant Women
If you have been expecting a bundle of joy you must be getting tons of advice on what to eat and what to avoid. I am sure that being informed about all of this is super helpful but following every advice is very difficult. As pregnancy makes you crave certain foods and even the thought of some might make you gag, it is very difficult to find the recipe that you would like to try. If you are still not sure if there are healthy recipes for pregnant women that are also tasty, you have found the right article. Here is my list of quick, easy and healthy recipes that you would love while expecting. So, read on.
1. Lettuce and Apple Salad with Melon Dressing
Yes, I am starting this list with a quick to make and yummy salad that you would love to add to your vegetarian pregnancy meal plan. Here’s what you would need:
- For the Salad: Lettuce, Diced Apples, Cabbage and you can add other vegetables like carrots, red, yellow and green bell peppers, grapes and onions.
- For the dressing: half cup musk melon puree, roasted cumin, salt, pepper and chopped coriander
- Wash lettuce, cabbage and other chopped and diced vegetables and put them in ice-cold water for 30 minutes.
- Combine apples with some lemon juice and refrigerate for a few minutes.
- Now, toss the apples, vegetables and other fruits together so that the flavors mix properly.
- Add salt and pepper, followed by adding the musk melon puree.
- Mix all the ingredients, and voila, the sweet and sour salad full of healthy fruits and vegetables is ready to be eaten.
Also Read: Tips for eating healthy During Pregnancy
2. Banana Walnut Pancakes
If you have been looking for a healthy breakfast recipe, this banana walnut pancakes recipe is not only healthy but also delicious.
- Two ripe bananas (mashed)
- One cup whole wheat flour and two tablespoon wheat bran
- Half cup chopped walnuts
- Four tablespoons of castor sugar
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- Two tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 cup milk or as required
- Four tablespoons of melted butter
- A few slices of banana and honey for serving
- Mix all the ingredients (except banana slices and honey) together in a mixture. Add milk if the batter is not flowy and has a thick consistency.
- Add butter to the heated pan, followed by adding a ladleful of the pancake mixture on the pan slowly.
- Use the bottom of the ladle to spread the mixture into a round shape. Make sure that the pancakes are not too thin, nor too thick. Add the batter if required.
- Flip the pancake once the lower side is cooked to a crispy brown. Let the other side get cooked as well.
- Add banana slices and honey and serve them hot.
3. Date & Banana Shake
This is actually one of my favorite recipes as this is not only super-duper quick and easy but also a great snacking addition to my vegetarian pregnancy meal plan.
- Four dates
- One ripe banana
- One cup of milk
- Ice (if needed)
- To use the dates in this milkshake recipe, soak them in a bowl of warm water for about 30 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender, don’t forget to de-seed the dates first, and churn into a thick, yummy and healthy milkshake.
- Chug it in the morning or as a mid-evening snack.
Also Read: Tips for a healthy pregnancy
4. Oats & Yogurt Crunch
Filled with the goodness of oats, this is one of the healthy recipes for pregnant women on my list.
- One cup oats (roasted)
- One-third cup of blanched and chopped almonds, pecan, dried apples and apricots each
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Two tablespoons maple syrup
- One cup of yoghurt
- Mix oats, olive oil and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture in a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Take the tray out and sprinkle it with pecan and almonds and bake again for 7 minutes.
- Take the mixture out in a bowl, add dried apple and apricots and mix well.
- Let it cool, add yoghurt and eat.
Also Read : First Few Baby Food Recipies
5. Sprouts Cutlet
Okay, so if you don’t want to snack on something sweet, this recipe will add some much-needed spiciness to your vegetarian pregnancy meal plan.
- One cup sprout
- Two potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roasted cumin and coriander powder
- Freshly cut coriander
- Chili powder/ flakes
- One to two tablespoons of corn flour
- Vegetable oil to fry
- Add the mashed potatoes, salt, pepper, chili powder/flakes, cumin and coriander powder to a bowl and mix well.
- Add sprouts and corn flour to the mixture and blend well.
- Take some of the mixture in your hand and roll it into small, round, cutlet-shaped balls.
- Coat them in breadcrumbs and shallow-fry in oil. You can also air-fry them to make them healthier.
- Eat with green chutney.
Eating healthy is never easy, but it is essential that during pregnancy you eat healthy food. It is not only healthy for the baby but for you as well, in the long-run. With cravings and food that makes you nauseous, I am sure these recipes will bring the much-needed deliciousness as healthy alternatives to your list of healthy recipes for pregnant women
Source By: https://www.lovingparents.in/pregnancy/recipes-for-pregnant-women/