Australian Working Visa Subclass 476 is specifically created for skilled engineering students and it provides the opportunity to a fresh engineering graduate to be able to not only study in Australia but also live and work in the country without a problem for about 18 months. By having this visa in your hand as a foreign student you can explore higher possibilities in education while also working and living a good life in Australia without any obligations.
This is a temporary visa and you will be required to apply for another visa once this expires in the time of 18 months. You can also add your family members in the application who can later apply after they meet Australia’s health and character requirements. Your family can join in Australia as a subsequent entrant.
The Eligibility for VISA 476
- You must have a completed degree or higher qualification from a specified engineering institute that is accredited under the Washington Accord.
- If your past education is completed from an affiliated Washington Accord specified engineering institute, your application will not be processed any further.
- Your age should be under 31
- No previous record of Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) or a skilled visa (subclass 476) should be there.
- You are obliged to meet all health requirements in order to apply for Visa 476. There are also specific moral and character requirements and each applicant must meet those requirements for their successful visa processing.
- If any one of your blood relatives owe money to the Government of Australia, then they must clear their debt before the visa processing.
English Proficiency Examination
You will be required to provide a proof of your English proficiency to apply for VISA 476. Applicants from the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America, Republic of Ireland and New Zealand will not be required of English proficiency evidence.
The following tests are approved by the Australian government for the international students who are applying for the 18 months engineering visa.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- At least overall score 6 with a minimum score of 5 in listening, writing reading and speaking.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT)
- At least overall score of 64 with a minimum score of 4, 4, 14 and 14 in listening, reading, writing and speaking respectively.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
- Score 50 with a minimum score of 36 in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Score B in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced test
- At least 169 score with a minimum score of 154 in each component.
The Benefits of VISA 476:
- Full time work opportunity.
- You’ll be able to study any course.
- You can do Professional Year in Engineering
- Easy qualification assessment from engineers Australia
- Multiple travel entries
Get in touch with VISION CONSULTANTS AUSTRALIA if you have any further question. We are here to guide you through your process.