Skin Rejuvenation: Our skin is the largest organ of the body and it acts as a shield against heat, injury and infection. This obviously means our skin is most exposed and even the slightest change in our lifestyle starts to show on our skin. Right from our sleeping and eating habits to the weather conditions on a particular day, every single thing we do has some effect on our skin.
Maintaining good skin is perhaps one of the hardest tasks and almost everyone struggles with it. Before we even know it, our skin starts to age. It becomes more sensitive and with time it loses its texture and pimples, dark circles, wrinkles, pigmentation etc start to show
Our skin goes through a lot every single day and it deserves to be taken good care of and feel rejuvenated.
Skin rejuvenation in its literal sense means using products, practices and treatments to make the skin look and feel better.
- Here are four things you can do today to make your skin feel instantly rejuvenated, fresh and supple:
- Having a regular skincare routine is very important. Using the easy CTM Technique (cleansing, toning and moisturising) by regularly washing your face with a cleanser, using a toner right after that, following that up with moisturising at least twice a day and most importantly using sunscreen. As your routine starts to set in and you get used to it, you can start including hydrating serums and face masks in it as well. Another quick tip is to always remove makeup before sleeping, never make the mistake of leaving makeup on for too long, this will help you in more ways than you can imagine.
- Rejuvenating Face Mask: Face masks possess the quality of giving your face that instant glow, making it feel more youthful and supple. These can be brought from the store or made at home using a few ingredients from your kitchen, however and whichever way you like them, they are a sure shot ‘win for your skin’. There are tons of face masks out there, you can customise them according to your needs and likings, right from a Green Tea Face Mask to an Oats and Honey Face Mask, we can confidently say that there is a face mask for every skin type out there. You should include this practice in your skincare routine at least twice a week.
- Hydration: Our mind, body and soul need to be constantly hydrated. Drinking 3 litres of water per day is imperative for you to look and feel fresh. This is perhaps the most important and impactful step. Just this one small change can have a massive impact on your life. For your skin you must also use serums and moisturisers regularly. The key to good skin and health is hydration.
- Eating Habits: The food we eat has major effects on our skin. It’s actually a very simple formula – ‘the healthier we eat, the healthier we look’. On the other hand, consuming junk food not only makes your body feel bloated but has harmful effects on the skin too. It’s essential for us to be cognisant of what we’re consuming. A healthy and well balanced diet is most important if you want your skin to feel rejuvenated and if you want your body to look and feel more active. Let’s also bring back the age old tradition of including these healthy food ingredients in our skincare routines as well.
These are very basic but impactful ways for your skin to feel rejuvenated. Always remember, everything you do has some kind of effect on your skin and it’s your responsibility to take care of it well.