A VCF file is an electronic business card that you can attach with an email to share contacts. You can also transfer it to other applications and devices. It contains dedicated fields to store your personal information, business details, and others. There are a few valid reasons to import Android VCF to Outlook such as
- If for any reason, your smartphone crashes, you might end up on the verge of losing your contact list. So, it is highly beneficial to migrate the Android VCF to Outlook in time.
- There can be another possibility and that is losing your mobile phone or if it gets stolen. In such a case, you will suffer the loss of your contacts. Therefore, you must have a backup of them in your Outlook.
In this article, we will explain to you the best solution to import contacts.
Expert Way to Import Android VCF to Outlook
MS Outlook does accept a VCF (or vCard) file but only one at a time. This means if you need to import multiple contacts, say over a thousand, then manually you will have to import them thousand times and simultaneously map their custom fields. This is a very tiring process and would take hours for you to execute.
Hence, there is no other option but to import vCard contacts to Outlook using the software. It requires you to convert the VCF files in Outlook readable format which is PST. After converting it, you can easily migrate the contacts into your Outlook account. Below are some of its important features:
- Import multiple contacts in a single attempt.
- Automatically match the custom fields of the contacts.
- Migrates all attributes & details of the Android contacts.
- Supports VCF files of all versions i.e., 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
- Works with all MS Outlook versions: 2019, 2016, 2013, & others.
Steps to Import Android VCF to Outlook
- Download and install the PCVITA vCard Importer tool. Add Android VCF files or folders into it.
- After the tool loads them, you can preview all of their details along with their attributes.
- Next, select the export type. You can choose to create a new Outlook PST file of contacts, import them into an existing contacts folder, or migrate them to MS Outlook default profile.
- Finally, provide the destination where you want to import this file in. After browsing the location, click on the Export button.
Done! This is how you can simply import Android VCF to Outlook. If you are not sure how to work further then follow these steps:
- Launch Outlook and tap on the File button.
- Click on Open & Export then select Import/Export.
- Choose ‘Import from another program or file’ > Next.
- Select ‘Outlook Data File (.pst)’ & click on Next.
- Choose the location where you saved the PST file previously.
- Click on Next and it will import Android VCF to Outlook.
Read More: Sync Outlook Contacts to Samsung Android Phone – Learn How
In this article, we have explained a time worthy solution that you can execute to import Android VCF to Outlook. As already stated, you can do this task manually as well, but since MS Outlook does not support bulk importing of VCF, it is not quite possible. Manually, you will have to import each contact individually and match their custom fields every time you try to import a contact.