Understanding the Importance of Grow Light for Seedlings
While natural light is around for a limited time, you can provide your plants with a grow light which can be kept closer to the plants as well as helps provide them with an optimal level of heat as well. This ensures a rapid and healthy growth. What is important here is, this is especially beneficial if you are planning to grow multiple seedlings at the same time. This helps ensure that all your seedlings get an equal exposure to light.
Moreover, you get a great deal of control here. You can decide how near or far you want to keep the lights to your plants, or what are the times that you want to keep the lights off. One must also know that while heat and light are necessary, you can’t have them shining on the plants at all times – which might result in an overkill! Plants need some dark hours too, as it helps them recover from all the activity they’ve had during the light-hours. Under perfect natural circumstances this is perfectly balanced. However, with grow lights, you can simulate a near-perfect environment when the weather outside isn’t so good with regards to light and heat.
Types of Grow Lights for Seedlings
Let us now take a closer look at what are the different types of grow lights that you can make use of to grow your seedlings into mature and healthy plants! These are the types of grow lights:
- Fluorescent Grow Lights– These type of grow lights are very popular and can be used on seedlings as well as plants. These lights are not as hot as certain other lights, which basically means your plants won’t be at a risk of over-exposure to heat. In addition to that, these lights, normally, are calibrated by diameter with ‘T’ being representative of 1/8th of an inch – basically, this means that T5 lights are lights which offer a diameter of 5/8th of an inch.
- HID (High-Intensity Discharge) Grow Lights –These grow lights are also very popular and they feature a large bulb and are usually the brightest of grow lights as they can emit up to 800 watts of light. For those wondering how these lights work, there are dual-tungsten electrodes inside them and an arc of electric current is created between the two, which ignites the gas in the bulb. However, you need to be careful when operating an HID grow light because over-exposure to these lights might just burn your crops!
- HPS (High-Pressure Sodium) Grow Lights –These are a type of HID grow lights but the main difference between a basic HID light and an HPS Grow Light is that these lights have more of the red spectrum, which means they are great for the flowering stage but aren’t an ideal choice for your plant when it is still at a seedling stage.
- Metal Halides– Metal Halides are also HID Grow Lights but are the exact opposite of what an HPS system is. These lights offer more of the blue spectrum and are a great choice for growing your cannabis plants during the seedling phase!
- LED Grow Lights: These are the latest kinds of lights that are popularly in use. They are much more energy-efficient than compared to the traditional lights and work at cooler temperatures than compared to HID lights which means these are great for growth as they do not impact the plants negatively. While they are a little costlier compared to most other types of lights, LED Grow Lights actually last longer and are a safer bet for long-term users.
The best grow light for seedlings
- Bathing your plants in full-spectrum light , and increasing your growing success with starts , cuttings , herbs , flowers , or vegetable
- Unique design, Top quality Led Grow Light.
- Environmental friendly, low heat, low power consumption, energy-saving
- Aluminium face shield design, cooling fan with Aluminium alloy heat sink panel, good for heat dissipation
- High quality and long service life, can light up to 50,000hrs
- No fans no noise , ultilize self-cooling technology
- Balanced spectrum : 660nm , 610nm , 6000K , 450nm
- Supplemental LED grow lights for high light plants
- Best choice for nursery
- Indoor led plant grow light perfect for greenhouse plants, plant enthusiasts, plant breeders, etc.
Upgraded Light: Design with 123 pieces of red LEDs (630-660 nm) + 42 pieces of blue LEDs (430-460 nm) + 12 pieces (3000-6500k) LEDs, red and blue light makes the highest contribution to photosynthesis and influences plant growth directly.
High Efficiency & Lower consumption: The HPS 100W used here consume only 26W, more higher actual power/Lumen/PAR than other 50 W LED grow light panel, No fan no noise and new upgraded aluminum cooling heat sinks.
Easy to Install: 2 ways to hang the light, with the hanging kit, you can easily adjust the height. Or with screws in a fixed position. This light can also be mounted like a photo frame on a wall (side supplemental lighting). 5f US standard AC power cord with on/off switch to easily control the light.
Widely Used: Ideal for all sorts of indoor plants, germination of seeds, flowering in all stages, eg potatoes, tomatoes, cacti, bananas, flowers, dendrobium and other orchids, seaweed, green peppers, eggplant, bitter gourd, grapes, salad and so on.
Monios-L 2ft led grow light with the full spectrum between 380-800nm, is the professional sunlight replacement for indoor plants.The 60W ultra bright leds provide high PPFD ( photosynthetic photon flux density ), perfect for seedling, vegetative and flowering cycle. This grow light are suitable for planting plants in any indoor application. 2900K color temperature makes your eyes feel comfortable. It works extremely well for your plant grow tents, plant grow shelves, seedling cultivation, succulents, hydroponic rooms, greenhouses, etc. The light efficiency can be increased by 17~20% with reflector. The shell of our light was made of 100% aluminum which provides the high-efficiency heat dissipation. Ensuring the longer service life of the led chips. Ceiling or Hanging installation. Plug and play, no wiring and reconstructing needed.