Interior Design is a professional discipline that employs amalgamation of art and science to enhance the interiors of the building in order to achieve aesthetically pleasing and healthy environment while making efficient use of internal spaces. Interior Designer researches, evaluates and interprets the customers, their needs, their tastes, the ensuing fashion trends, the impact of socio cultural factors on interior designing, construction techniques, available space, varied architectural trends, required functionality & budgets etc. Interior designer is also responsible for designing of sublime interiors for both residential as well as commercial properties including Hospitality industry, hospitals, Industrial units, Aircrafts, retail etc. Furthermore, he is accountable for identifying the right furniture, furnishings in the apt colours, material to be used, lighting fixtures, technicians & vendors and bathroom fittings etc.
Role of an interior designer:
- Client Interaction & creative designs: Interior Designer needs to understand the client’s brief and budgets and accordingly visualize and develop an awe-inspiring efficient interior design. He should be able to comprehend architectural plans, understand the client’s objective and accordingly sketch the unique concept besides being able to convince & sell it to the client. Additionally, he is also responsible for accomplishing client satisfaction.
- Bidding for new projects: Interior Designer must have the pulse of the market, must understand the requirements, market & fashion trends, the materials being used etc. He should be able to estimate project costs, thus being capable of bidding for projects.
- Virtual Designing: Interior Design course mentors’ aspirant in use of computers and varied software technologies like CAD, 3D etc. He will not only design better concepts but will also be capable of explaining it better to customer as well as other stakeholders. This will also enable him to determine the design efficacy without actually going through the stresses of trial-and-error method. Furthermore, he will be able to determine the corrective measures, if any are required.
- Identifying the right materials: Interior Designer must be capable of understanding varied materials that can be utilised to achieve the desired interior design. He must have knowledge about the techniques that need to be employed while making use of the apt materials. He should be able choose the right furnishings, their textures, patterns & colours, the kitchen and bathroom fittings, lighting fixtures etc.
- Networking: He is responsible to identify the right vendor for placing orders for necessary materials at the right costs. Furthermore, he collaborates with teams of varied departments and manages varied stakeholders in pursuit of completing the projects.
- Overseeing project: He is responsible for coordinating with painters, electricians, plumbers & contractors on plans and specifications related to construction and installation
- Budgets, Timeline Management & Organising skills: Mostly the clients will share such an idea, whose cost will usually exceed his budgets. However, it’s a job of a successful interior designer to find a solution that is not only creative, but also can be managed within the given financial constraints. Budgeting, negotiation skills, time management as well as organizing skills will not only enable you to recommend a realistic budget to the client, thus ensuring maximum bang for their buck but also keep the costs under control even if there are delays.
Register for an Interior Design Course and satisfy your creativity while earning a fortune.