This is the era of mobile applications and businesses are preferring to provide services through mobile phone. Before you jump into the final conclusion make sure to analyze overall Android app development cost and iOS as well. These two platforms gives you the access of large audience. Lets discuss all the relevant aspects of mobile app development.
Table Of Content :
- How to find the total app development cost?
- Who should you contact to develop your app?
- App Development Cost Calculator
- Hidden app development cost you need to know
How to find the total app development cost?
What does it cost to create an app for your company? It’s the first thing you should think about when estimating mobile app costs in 2022.
The cost of developing an app is not fixed but it lies between $10,000 and $150,000, depending on the app’s complexity. Here is the app development cost breakdown according to the app type-
The cost of developing a simple app ranges from $40,000 to $60,000.
The average app development costs range from $60,000 to $150,000.
Costs of developing a complex app start around $300,000.
But it all differs according to the geographical region. These costs are totally different in different regions around the world. But if you have a low budget you can approach Asian countries as they develop the apps at very fewer rates. For example, app development cost in India is comparatively cheaper than in other countries.
Below mentioned are the average costs of different regions –
- Europe – 30 to 35 dollars per hour
- North America – 140 to 180 dollars per hour
- South America – 30 to 50 dollars per hour
- Australia – 100 – 150 dollars per hour
- India – 15 to 100 dollars per hour
What are the factors that influence the cost of an application?
As you can see, several factors influence the app cost estimation. Before you start building the mobile app, you must first research the target audience, company goals, coding platform, application type etc. Before diving into the price, you must first determine the application’s speciality. User’s demands should be thoroughly understood then only you can make your app successful.
Several factors affects the overall app development cost like –
- App complexity/ Features and functionality
- Online or offline application
- Number of screens
- Design and structure
- Application Platform
- UI/Animation and special effects
The more complex the app, the more money you pay. The number of features you expect you have in your app affects the overall app development budget. Before deciding the final budget you should discuss these questions with your team members.
- How many features are going to be included in the product? How many displays, buttons, and features will there be?
- What will the business logic of the app be like?
- Who will be your target audience?
Three types of apps are there that people usually develop –
With basic apps you will get basic features, limited actions, three to four screens, and no data storage that’s why it is the least expensive.
These are the applications that demand additional synchronisation, data storage, and retrieval from several databases.
The complicated apps are intended for large corporations. It includes all advanced features and functions that can increase the value of your app as it gives a seamless experience to users.
The entire cost of developing the app may be significantly higher than you anticipated.
App development cost
What factors affect the overall app development cost?
Putting together an in-house app development team could push the budget over the edge. However, It is also necessary to hire a third-party app development firm as it benefits the businesses in a variety of ways. These exceptional services cover all the essential elements that are required for a feature-rich app. Before choosing, any app development business makes sure to check their background and they should have experience in numerous disciplines and professional resources. The hourly charge for their services may go above budget but the quality would be assured.
Let’s have a look at what a mobile app development team looks like:
- iOS/Android developers
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- Quality Analyst
- UI/UX Designer
Then comes the choice of app platform. It is critical to select a particular platform on which you want to launch your app. The mobile app development platform would be chosen based on the business concept. When an app is needed for the service, it must be offered on key platforms like Android and iOS because most mobile phones users are divided into two groups iOS users and Android users. You should consider iOS platform because it can provide you with wealthy people who are eager to pay for services but iOS app development cost could be more for you so you have to decide you budget according to it.
Other than this when it comes to build an app we have to options –
Hybrid app development is far less expensive than native apps. It also combines the advantages of a native app and a web app. By using a single web code, it can run on multiple devices and cross-platform. Native apps are best for enhancing User Experience (UX) and performance.
The complexity of the app design
Moving on to the question of how much does it cost to produce an app, the app design plays a vital role. Designing is similar to programming in that when you add more features, the cost grows proportionally. If you choose to use templates for design, your cost estimate will be limited, but you will end up spending more time and money if you make alterations to the design. Each screen, button, and other elements of the application makes it unique, engaging, and useful, but they also add to the overall project budget.
- A competent app designer will price you roughly $40 per hour, whereas an experienced app designer will charge you around $100 – 150 per hour.
- A complicated design adds to the app development cost, which can range from $3,000 to $20,000 or more.
- An app designer charges between $50-$250 per hour in European regions.
- In Asian countries, it costs around 10 – 90 dollars
App Development Cost Calculator
You can use an app development cost calculator to determine the app development cost. It has several benefits and it can also help you to save your overall app development cost. A mobile app development framework demands extensive calculation and research about the app specifications and functions.
- It assists you in determining how much your app idea will cost to develop.
- You discover more information regarding the company’s hourly rate.
- You gain greater clarity on what you want in your application and what each feature signifies when it is implemented.
- It provides you with an estimate of how long it will take to deploy your app.
Hidden app development cost you need to know
- Functional cost – It can be considered as a fee for third party integration of smart features like SMS or push notifications, geolocation, social media chatting, payment gateways and many more.
- Administration cost – Here you have to consider the compensation of a content manager, dashboard emulators, dynamic updates, access control, data segmentation etc.
- Expenses associated with infrastructure – The cost of the server, CDN, data storage, app development tools and libraries, and many more. They all come under infrastructure costs that should be kept in mind while setting a budget.
- Maintenance and support services – Have you ever thought about how much does it cost to maintain an app? It is important to know what it includes. It covers Additional charges to update an application, repair issues or any other maintenance support that is needed related to the application.
Let’s take an example of the total cost of app development cost you around 80000 dollars then the cost of maintaining an application can cost you around 15% to 20% of the actual app development cost and it will cost you $5000 to $15000 for the number of loads and third-party integrations.
Apart from this when it comes to marketing, you have to set a different budget if you want your app to be successful in less period. Marketing tactics play a crucial role in the whole app development process which cannot be ignored in any way. App marketing cost depends on the number of ways and platforms which you choose to follow to create awareness of your app.
Who should you contact to develop your app?
There are numerous IT outsourcing companies available in the market that provide various IT services. You have to look for a mobile app development company in which you can trust. Availing mobile app development services are the best way to get an app within the given timeline.
Here are some things to think about while choosing an IT firm –
- To begin, do extensive research on IT companies to guarantee that they will match your specific business needs.
- If you select software development companies with an impressive portfolio of services and a name they have already made, you are sure to find qualified developers.
- Inquire the best mobile app development company personnel about some of the best apps they’ve made, and examine them carefully.
- A mobile application’s security and privacy, as well as personal and business data, should be discussed. Make sure to sign a confidential bond with the developers to ensure the security of your app idea.
Apart from this have you thought about how much does it cost to hire a freelancer?
Well, you can hire freelancers on fixed hourly charges, then you don’t have to approach different firms for the app development. Although hiring is not included in the app cost calculator, it is considered an important component of the final cost. An independent contractor in your home country would cost more than outsourcing an assignment. Outsourcing can be costly if you do not conduct thorough research, but hiring a dedicated developer from a company will normally provide you with more benefits and may enable you to acquire a few suggestions based on their experience.
Well, this is all about the actual cost of app development. Hope you got an approximate idea for mobile app development cost. We tried to cover all the essential points related to the cost of developing an app. Now you have to decide how you will set your budget but first decide the industry verticle which you want to target. Now it’s up to you what you want to choose for your app and how you will decide the budget.
Frequently Asked Questions –
How much does mobile app development cost?
The cost of building an app ranges from $20,000 to $150,000 on average. It also depends on the functionality of your organisation and your particular requirements. Usually the cost of developing a native Android or iPhone app is higher than developing a cross-platform solution.
What factors affect the cost of mobile app development?
Several factors are there that affects the app development cost such as customized needs, app development team, app types, app platform, UI/UX designs, location of the app development and many more. It depends on you which type of app you want for your business and on which platform you want it to be launched.