Yoga is the science of nature. Yoga practices do not only make a healthy body but also a healthy mind. If yoga is practiced with full knowledge, then any part of the body can also be made healthy.
The back or spine is the base of the body. Without it, neither body can stand upright nor anyone can do the movement. But do we really do anything to keep the spine or the back healthy?
The great yogis of India have given information about many yogasanas in yoga science to make the back healthy. By practicing these yogasanas, not only the muscles of the back shape up.Therefore, in this article, we will give information about 5 yoga asanas that make the back healthy and shapely. By practicing these yogasanas, the back and spine can be kept healthy.
Yoga asana for a stronger spine
Yoga also helps to strengthen the core, a strong core is important in protecting your back from injury and stress. If you do not use this asana and when you sit in chairs, you usually fall, it causes more damage to our core.
Malasana Yoga asana
Malasana is a simple and easy yoga poses that anyone can easily do. Below, the method of doing this asana is given in a sequential manner, which you can easily do by following it.
- To do Malasana Yoga, first of all, you should spread a yoga mat on the floor and stand upright on it.
- Keep both your legs far apart, there should be a distance of 1 to 1.5 feet between the two legs.
- Now raise both your hands and fold it in front of your chest, that is, make a prayer posture.
- Now slowly sit towards the low, in this posture you will fall into a bowel movement.
- Make a posture in a way that your thighs become wider than the above part of your body.
- While exhaling, tilt your body forward gently in a manner that your torso is switched between your thighs.
- A posture should look like both hands make a 90-degree angle at the elbow.
- Now place your hands inside your thighs, it will help you to stretch the front part of your body.
- Stable in position for a minute.
- Straight, come back to the initial stage.
Bitilasana or Cow Pose
For this, you have to lie on a uniform surface, you can also do it on the bed.
- Place both palms under your shoulder directly and twist your knees just below the hip bone.
- Give rest your feet but place your toes inside and put them flat.
- After this, take a deep breath and exhale slowly.
- Take a breath in such a way that your stomach pushes down towards the ground.
- Then, curve back and go forward along with looking at your tailbone upwards.
- Stay in this posture for a few seconds and then exhale.
- Rest once more and repeat this asana at least 10 times.
- Do this every day.
Utkatasana or Chair Pose
To do Utkatasana, follow the below steps-
- Stand in Tadasana. Breathe in and bring the hips down, bending the legs from the knees. While keeping the back straight, try to not twist it. The style of coming down should be such that you are going to sit on the chair.
- Try to come back to a previous position while keeping balance. Make sure that the knees do not move beyond your feet.
- Take 1-2 breaths in this posture and make sure your balance.
- Now breathe in, raise both hands above the head, and join the palms. The hands should be straight.
- Raise the head and focus the sight on the fingers of the hands. Try to keep your back straight.
- Totally, you inhale 5 times and exhale until you remain in the posture for 30 to 60 seconds. Moderately, your body gain strength and flexibility, you can maximize the time up to 90 sec but not more than this.
- Breath 5 times and get back to your position. To get out of the posture, while exhaling, lower the hands and head, and then straighten the legs and finish in tadasana.
To do Bhujanagasana, follow the below steps-
- Lie on your stomach.
- Bring the palms of both hands next to the chest.
- By breathing deeply.
- Slowly bring the chin upwards as much as possible.
- Then take the body backwards to the chest and belly navel.
- After staying in this posture for some time, the exhaled breath came in the first posture.
If you want to learn more about yoga and meditation, you can join 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.