Self-help is empowering. It makes you feel independent and in control of your destiny. Knowing that you are always prepared to help yourself, irrespective of your situation is emotionally satisfying. You can also customise your efforts to make the most of your strengths and weaknesses.
In short, self-help makes you a better, stronger human being.
So, let’s take a look at the top seven self-help tips that can improve the quality of your life upon implementation.
Seven Effective Self-Help Tips
Human beings are social animals. We cannot survive without relationships, be that with our parents or a loved one or friends. But, the crude, real relationship is the one you have with yourself. And that is where the role of self-help comes into play.
The seven effective self-help tips by Case study help are:
- Keep your average or poor qualities in mind
Let’s say you are often late when it comes to submitting your math assignment. So, eventually, you have to get online math assignment help to meet your deadlines. Thus, it is crucial to identify and remember the things you are poor at. That way, you can prepare yourself for the situation better.
Consider the example mentioned above. Let’s assume you know that you aren’t capable of meeting urgent deadlines for math papers. So, you can start preparing the paper right after you have been assigned the task.
Write down a list of all those things that you need to improve. Whether it’s waking up late or writing a math paper, write your weaknesses down that usually land you in trouble. Writing down your weaknesses make you feel like you are in control of them. You can then change your actions accordingly and focus on improving your weaknesses and get self help.
- Focus on your physical and mental health
You must have heard of the proverb “A healthy mind in a healthy body”? It clearly explains that you will be mentally fit if you are fit physically. Every time you travel in a plane, you will find the airlines instruct you to fasten your seat belt first before helping others. It is because it’s easier to beat all odds when you develop a good relationship with yourself. And that involves taking care of your basic needs.
How to take care of your health?
- Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits– The more greens you have in your diet, the healthier your diet is. You can limit your diet to junk food once a week. And have vegetables and fruits for the rest of the week.
- Update your immunisation– Consult with your doctor on a daily basis to ensure that your immunity is on point.
- Exercise as often as possible– Besides exercise, you can also walk or jog to boost your immunity and health condition.
Let’s say you have junk food every dinner. You know the consequences but yet you are too ignorant to do anything about it. Eventually, you fall sick when your assignment deadlines are looming over your head. Outcome? You may have to miss the deadlines because you didn’t take care of yourself enough.
- Compliment yourself for your own accomplishments
It’s easy to compliment others. But, we often tend to overlook our accomplishments and hard work probably because we take ourselves for granted. It is important to identify your strengths and accomplishments and feel good about them. You have worked hard for that, and you deserve happiness.
Why should you compliment yourself regularly?
- You deserve the best– You should always remember that you are special, and you deserve the best of everything in life. That way, you will understand your image and self-esteem better instead of waiting for someone else’s opinion for validation.
- You should love yourself- People come and go throughout your lifetime. Before you develop feeling for others, learn to love yourself first. And that can be done by complimenting yourself every day.
- It is the truth– Remember, you should compliment yourself not to feel overtly important but because that’s the truth. There’s no shame in complimenting yourself when you deserve it.
You can start by making a list of all those things that make you feel good about yourself, including your strengths and accomplishments. That is also a way of knowing yourself better and reaching your goals. It will help you become more confident about yourself and encourage you to take risks in life.
- Resort to ‘Home’
Home isn’t necessarily your house or apartment where you were born and brought up. It is a place or a person where you feel the most comfortable. Home can be when you take a trip to the serene mountains or you the needed get together with your best friends.
We can help ourselves or inspire ourselves to reach our goals when our loved ones surround us. And home is where our loved ones are or where we find peace. You should make time for yourself and spend time with all those people and doing all those things that make you genuinely happy.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed during the daily grind of our lives. From trying to impress the manager in appraisals to worrying about finance as you grow up, there are plenty of thoughts that can keep you up at night and take a toll on your mental peace.
Here’s how meditation is good for self-help:
- Helps you enjoy quality ‘me’ time– We don’t get to spend time with each other that often when we are always busy being around other people whether at home or at workplaces. Meditation provides you with the opportunity to spend some quality time with yourself.
- Nourishes all self-help domains- Meditation heals you physically, psychologically, spiritually, personally and emotionally.
- Increases mindfulness- Meditation helps you become self-aware. It helps you calmly acknowledge and accept your feelings, bodily sensations and thoughts.
Adulting is not an easy feat. Yes, spending time with your loved ones help you get through the hardships. But, meditation can help you find answers to your troubles on your own. You can try closing your eyes and concentrate on your breathing for, say, ten minutes when things get too stressful for you.
- Write journals daily
Writing often makes you look at things from a different, fresh perspective. It helps you understand the core reason for your problems and what the possible solutions might be. Journal writing is about penning down all your thoughts of the day before hitting the sack.
Tips for writing a journal daily:
- Keep an open mind– The purpose of writing a journal is to pen down your thoughts that you might not share with anybody else. So, keep an open mind and be free while doing that.
- Take a break- Take a few deep breathes after you have written everything down. Confronting emotions can be overwhelming. So, focus your attention outward to pull yourself together.
- Be your own therapist- Read whatever you have written with loving curiosity and understand what exactly you are feeling and why.
Daily journal writing helps you develop your self-awareness. And self-awareness makes you more confident and flexible in character. You can get a clearer understanding of what is going on in your life. It is more relaxing to go to sleep with a stress-free mind, and that is exactly what journal writing does.
- Write down your goals
Procrastination results from the lack of motivation to reach or work towards your goals. It is quite normal for people to get distracted with all the events that might be happening in your life. That is when the importance of writing down your goals comes into play. Whether you want to score an A+ in your academic papers or you want to land your dream job, write down your goal on a piece of paper and keep it in front of your eyes. Doing so will help you reset your expectations in mind. You will always have the goal in your mind, irrespective of distractions.
Self-help is something EVERYBODY should be accustomed to. It not only improves the quality of your life but also makes you more confident. It is not impossible to become a productive and motivated person. All you have to do is try. And why not start with the tips mentioned above?