This article is based on how to tackle a quite common problem- your Hyper V machine is not responding and you face a glitch when you try to open it.
If you will continue with this write-up then, you will get to know how to mount VHDX file in Hyper V?
The VHDX format represents a Hyper-V virtual hard disk drive. It has a much larger storage capacity which is 64 TB, compared to VHD files which has a storage limit of 2 TB. It can protect your data from data corruption and extreme power outages.
Let’s started with different techniques that can mount VHDX files.
Different Approaches to Mount VHDX File in Hyper V
Here, in this section, we are going to explain different approaches so that users can easily mount their VHDX files.
Way 1: Using Disk Management
It is the simplest way to access your VHDX/VHD files in Hyper V using disk management. Just follow the below steps carefully:
- Go to This PC, right-click on it.
- Choose the option Manage>>Disk management.
- Under Disk management, click on the Attach VHD option.
- Click on the Browse option to load the VHDX file and hit OK.
Way 2: Using CMD To Mount VHDX/VHD File in Hyper V
This approach can be used in Windows 10/8/7 to mount the VHDX file. Perform the below steps:
- On the desktop screen press the “Window + X” key.
- From the listed option select Command Prompt(admin) mode.
- Now, in cmd type diskpart and press Enter button.
- Type the following command-
Select vdisk file=” location of VHDX file”
- To mount the VHDX file, type attach vdisk and hit Enter.
- Wait for the process to mount VHDX file in Hyper V successfully.
Way 3: Using Hyper V Recovery Tool
If the above approaches fail to mount VHDX files, in that case, simply use the trusted SysTools Hyper V Recovery Software to mount all your VHDX/VHD files. Also, this utility is developed to repair corrupt VHD files, including images, videos, audios, docs, etc. An additional internal search option is placed within the VHD data recovery software. Due to this, it is possible to search for any specific item present within the VHD/VHDX file.
The tool provides simple basic steps to mount VHDX file in Hyper V which can be easy even for a non-technical person to perform.
- Download Hyper V Recovery Tool and install it on your system.
- Browse the location where VHDX/VHD files are store. And then click on the advance option among the other recovery option provided in the software Window.
- Once the recovery process completes, preview the recovered items shown in the left pane of the software window.
- Click on the SAVE option- either save all the items or selected items.
Follow all the above steps to access VHDX file. Also, you can test the demo version of the tool by simply downloading it on your system but if you want to save repaired files then you have to purchase the full version of the tool.
Here, in this blog, we have mentioned different methods to mount VHDX file in Hyper V. Both manual and automated solutions are explained to help users to resolve their problem. But if you want to access your VHDX file without any trouble or data loss than try the third-party tool, Hyper V Recovery to easily mount the VHDX file.