We are all usually victims of food poisoning, usually nausea, abdominal pain, forehead sweating and many more symptoms. In our country too, almost every year many people get sick due to food poisoning. However, many people are confused to identify the disease because its symptoms are similar to some other diseases.
So the main purpose of today’s article is to observe the symptoms so that you can easily understand if your food is poisoned or something else. Let’s get started.
According to everyone, food poisoning is usually first manifested through stomach upset but in fact the first symptom is sweating. If you are sweating regularly for a certain period of time and if you feel a slight fever due to it, try to remember if you have eaten anything suspicious. Food poisoning and flu symptoms are very similar, so many people are confused, so seek medical advice.
Stomach pain and flatulence are one of the symptoms of food poisoning. If you have symptoms of abdominal pain, including going to the toilet more than once, you need to understand that you have been attacked by bacteria, and if these symptoms appear, you need to see a doctor immediately.
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting are common symptoms of food poisoning. This symptom is usually based on bacterial activity, such as List Aria bacteria, which are found in foods such as ham, milk and soft cheese. These symptoms can occur within 60 days of eating foods with the bacteria.
One of the most common symptoms of food poisoning is diarrhea. How do you know if your diarrhea has been caused by the flu or by food poisoning? If the diarrhea is caused by the flu, it will be water diarrhea and if it is caused by food poisoning, it will be bloody diarrhea. And this way you will find the difference between the two diseases.
Fever is caused by certain bacteria, such as Listoria and Campylobacter. It is usually organized due to digestive problems. If you have a fever for more than 48 hours, you should seek medical help immediately.
When you feel a bit confused, Listeria usually has this symptom and it can take a maximum of two months for it to fully manifest. And during these two months, it is very common for the body to feel weak and your throat to feel stiff.
When you suspect that you have food poisoning, but also if you have more than one of the above symptoms, all you need to do is dehydrate to make sure you have food poisoning. Try to drink plenty of water and sweet drinks with caffeine and alcohol. Stay away from. You should also eat small meals such as light meals, bananas, white rice or bread.
When to See a Doctor for Food Poisoning
See your doctor or healthcare provider if you have symptoms that are severe, including:
- Bloody stools (poop)
- High fever (temperature over 102°F, measured in your mouth)
- Frequent vomiting that prevents keeping liquids down (which can lead to dehydration)
- Signs of dehydration, including little or no urination, a very dry mouth and throat, or feeling dizzy when standing up
- Diarrhea that lasts more than 3 days
What are the symptoms of food poisoning from fish?
There are two types of food poisoning you can get from eating fish. They are ciguatera poisoning and scombroid poisoning.
Ciguatera poisoning symptoms include abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Symptoms can progress to headache, muscle aches, and itchy, tingly, or numbness of the skin. One early sign can be numbness of the lips, tongue, or area around the mouth. You may have a metallic taste or feel like your teeth are loose. You may notice a change in your ability to feel hot or cold temperatures. You may think something feels hot when it is actually cold.
Scombroid poisoning symptoms develop 20 to 30 minutes after you eat the affected fish. They include flushing (turning red) of the face, nausea, vomiting, hives, and abdominal pain. These symptoms are similar to other allergic reactions. Getting scombroid poisoning does not mean you are allergic to fish.
Vibrio vulnificus infection is a bacterial infection to warm, seawater fish. It’s found in shellfish (especially oysters), other seafood, or the ocean. You can get it by eating contaminated fish. You can get it from contact with a fish or the ocean (through an open cut). It is not common and not contagious. The symptoms are similar to those of general food poisoning: fever, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. More serious symptoms include a high fever, chills, low blood pressure, redness, swelling, and blisters on your skin. If the bacteria enters an open cut, it can become a more serious infection. Once that happens, it can spread through your bloodstream and become life-threatening. Blood and stool tests lead to a diagnosis. Your doctor also may look at the blisters on your skin.
You can reduce your risk of exposure by not eating undercooked shellfish and other seafood. Wash kitchen utensils in hot, soapy water. Wear gloves when handling the fish if you have an open cut. Avoid ocean water until your cut or wound has healed.
Antibiotics are often used to treat the infection. In severe cases, you may need surgery or amputation where a cut or wound was infected with the bacteria.