The Railway Recruitment Board is the premier recruiting body that conducts RRB exams to recruit candidates for different posts in the Indian Railways.
The various posts for which Railway Board conducts recruitment exams are:
- Non-Technical and Popular Category – RRB NTPC Exam
- RRB Junior Engineer – RRB JE Exam
- RRB Assistant Loco Pilot – RRB ALP Exam
- RRB Group D / RRC Level 1 Exam
Railway exams are the most sought-after exams and aspiring candidates are required to complete the vast and comprehensive syllabus. Hence, to help aspirants cover the whole syllabus of Railway exams, we have collated 10 points to help prepare for RRB exams fleet-footed.
6 Ways to Learn Fast For RRB Exams
- Making your own short notes- Notes taking means reframing the information in your own words thus helping you to retain them for a long time. It is a skill that must be mastered by all who are preparing for any exam. A good note is one that helps you to revise and recall the concepts behind the mentioned pointers.
- Try mnemonics – practising mnemonics is the best way to learn a lot of information quickly. Mnemonics simplify the information making it easier for learning. Using different associations such as some sound or music, the pattern of letters, creating a phrase, etc. helps ingrain things deep in the memory.
- Divide the study hours – studying for long hours at a stretch will only exhaust your mind and body. Have short study sessions, go through a topic, understand its concepts, prepare notes and then again start with another topic. You can only inhibit any new things in your mind if your brain is active. Continuous studying overloads the brain and it stops functioning, fails in storing information thus leading to stress. Short study sessions keep your mind fresh, motivate you for learning more, and will help you remember things longer.
- Study sessions should be fun –Make your study fun. Trying out multiple ways to learn one thing creates a repetition of the same topic in mind thus helping you to learn it quickly. To learn a new topic you can go through the prescribed books to study but also learn the same topic using other sources. For example, go through video lectures for the topic, hover various podcasts, run through your notes, practice questions papers and quizzes based on the topic, etc.
- Be hydrated – water is not just important for our skin and immune system it also plays a crucial role when it comes to our cognitive abilities. When our body is dehydrated, our brain has to work harder than usual to perform tasks and it seriously affects our mental health.
- Practice Meditation – A very important way to keep your mind and body calm, cool, and concentrated is practising meditation regularly. Meditation helps to hone concentration power which will be helpful in grasping the topics quickly and for longer.
Covering up the vast syllabus of Railway exams quickly is not a challenge now. Candidates with the above-mentioned sure-fire tips will be able to make the preparation a smooth ride. Aspirants willing to know in detail about different RRB Exams can check the linked page provided here.