Are you using MBOX based mail clients and want to know about how to copy MBOX to PDF with Attachments step by step briefly? Then you are at the right place, in this write up, you can know about the complete working procedure for copying MBOX files to PDF. But first, get some tips about MBOX & PDF.
Today, as PDF has been a popular document file format for multi-purpose. Similarly, MBOX is popular for saving data in multiple mail clients. There are multiple reasons which force users to go with PDF file from MBOX based mail clients.
Differences b/w MBOX & PDF which Force Users to Switch into PDF
MBOX is the mailbox extension which is supported by multiple mail clients – Thunderbird, The Bat, Mac Mail, PocoMail, Spicebird, Postbox, SeaMonkey, etc. while PDF is a standard document file extension of Adobe Reader which is easily accessible freely while MBOX file needs supported mail client for viewing emails. A PDF file is a universal file format so it is used for presentation, personal & business purposes, governmental purpose, securing documentation for future references, etc. while the MBOX file is used for personal & business purposes. PDF files can be easily opened in Adobe Reader but MBOX files cannot easily be opened in MBOX supported mail clients because users need to follow process to import MBOX File in supportive mail clients for viewing emails.
How to Copy MBOX to PDF Manually
MBOX & PDF both are absolutely different file formats from each other so the direct export option is not available but a manual trick may use for printing MBOX files to PDF but there is no surety for exact migration by manual method. Follow the given manual method step by step process –
- Install Thunderbird mail client after that copy all MBOX files & paste at message stored location of Thunderbird which is – C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles….
- Now install Import/Export Tool Add-ons in Thunderbird from (https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/importexporttools/)
- After that go to Tools menu >> Tools >> Import/Export Tools >> Export all messages in the folder >> PDF format.
After some time you may get MBOX files into PDF but this process supports some drawbacks which may be harmful to your files after conversion from MBOX to PDF.
Drawbacks of the Manual Process
- Need some technical knowledge for going with this manual process.
- Confusing trick.
- Possibility of failing due to technical error.
- Database losing chance.
- Not suitable for large database migration.
- Lengthy process.
- Not a secure process for attachments
Alternative Solution to Copy MBOX files to PDF perfectly
To exactly export MBOX files to PDF Adobe Reader, there is also an alternative solution to export MBOX to PDF with attachments. It supports multiple developed & advanced processes that help to export MBOX files to PDF. It easily exports the folder of all MBOX files to PDF at once. By using this solution, you will get all MBOX files database into PDF Documents without a change of data. Follow the given working procedure –
- Download MBOX to PDF tool
- Then it shows on your computer screen, now select MBOX files by the provided option.
- Then choose any location to save converted files.
- Click on the Convert button to start the migration process.
- The process will start and complete with a successful message.
Within a few minutes, the conversion will complete and you will get migration outcome with 100% accuracy. It perfectly helps to know about how to copy .mbox files to PDF in easy steps. Still, you are in confusion then download a free demo of this solution which helps to understand the complete working process and its efficiency. With a free trial, you can easily export 25 emails from each MBOX file to PDF absolutely free.