Do you have acne, acne scars, or suffering from any other skin condition that is making you embarrassed or self-conscious? If yes, stay glued. We have something new for you, which will help you in getting rid of these problems. The Combo of Microneedling Plus Glycolic Peel is the effective way to help you.
We know acne scars and many other skin concerns are stubborn and a single treatment may not work best for everyone. That’s why we are offering a combo of one-two punch treatment. A miraculous cure that will work wonders for you.
Let’s have a look.
Microneedling Plus and Glycolic Peel
Microneedling plus glycolic peel is the combination of two treatments: Microneedling and glycolic acid peel.
Both treatments are the popular choice for treating acne scars, especially on dark skin. However, various other processes including subcision, punch excision, microdermabrasion, peels, and unfractionated and fractioned laser are also used for treating acne scars and other skin problems.
Microneedling is also known as collagen induction therapy. Minimally invasive microneedling cosmetic procedure that is used to treat various skin problems by improving collagen production.
Collagen is a protein found in the skin that helps in fastening the skin’s healing, giving a youthful look and making the skin firm, smooth and stretchy.
As we age, the production of collagen in the skin also decreases which results in the formation of fine lines, wrinkles and various other ageing signs. However, acne scars, stretch marks and other scars also affect collagen production.
This type of peel involves the usage of AHA (alpha-hydroxy acid) to treat multiple skin-related issues. Different concentrations of glycolic acid are used to rejuvenate skin cells, however, normally, 40% glycolic acid from sugar cane is used.
The number of skin benefits associated with glycolic acid like easy penetration, cleansing, and rejuvenating of dry and damaged skin makes it one of the most popular treatments in the current times.
How Does Microneedling Work?
During the treatment, the aesthetician uses a tool commonly named as dermapen or derma roller. It consists of tiny needles that are used for making small pricks to a depth of up to 1.5mm in the top layer of the skin. It is deemed effective for derma’s (deep layer of the skin) rejuvenation by causing physical trauma.
This treatment may help to reduce ageing symptoms, acne scars and the appearance of stretch marks.
How Does Glycolic Peel Work?
The glycolic acid used during the treatment deeply penetrates inside the outer layer of skin and effectively breaks down the bond that holds dry, dull and dead skin cells. After that, you will get a new, fresh and rejuvenated layer of the skin.
Note: Glycolic acid peel is deemed effective for the removal of dead skin cells and promotes skin rejuvenation. It may affect the epidermis of the skin; that’s why the entire procedure must be done under the supervision of an expert.
During the treatment, the specialist uses a gentle cleanser to clean the face and make it ready for the treatment. Then they may apply Vaseline to nostrils and eyelids to protect the skin because peel chemicals may react to these sensitive areas. After that, a layer of glycolic acid is applied over the face and left for 5-7 minutes.
Once the recommended time passes, the expert sprays a neutralisation solution on the outer layer of the skin that helps to stop the peel from working and then wipes off the mixture of peel and spray. After that, the face is covered with a cool and wet cloth to provide relief against the burning sensation.
Many different forms of products that feature this active ingredient like serums, facial peels, cleansers, moisturisers and eye creams, etc. are available in the market.
As mentioned earlier, microneedling plus glycolic acid is the combo of two different treatments to get superb results.
This one-two punch treatment starts with london microneedling procedure and ends with the glycolic acid peel. After cleaning the face, the microneedling procedure is the first step of this treatment.
The physician uses dermapen/derma roller to make little punctures in the top layer of the skin, then a thin layer of the glycolic acid peel is applied over the face and left for a few minutes. Once the required time is passed, the layer of peel is wiped off, and neutralising solution is sprayed over the face to stop the skin from burning.
Why Is Microneedling Plus Glycolic Peel Important?
Having no major complications, simple technique, inexpensive clinical procedure with no downtime and favourable results show the importance of microneedling plus glycolic peel treatment.
The desired results can be achieved more quickly. This treatment may also perfectly work to enhance those effects that you might already get from any other treatment. Although, microneedling is used to treat several conditions, however, combining it with glycolic peel is deemed effective for treating acne & acne scars.
People who are suffering from below-mentioned conditions must go for this treatment to find respite in it:
- Acne scars
- Uneven skin
- Large pores
- Age spots
- Stretch marks
- Dull complexion
- Sun damages skin
- Wrinkles & Fine lines
- Skin pigmentation issues
- Skin loosening which may result from weight loss and liposuction
Things to Ask at The Appointment
Consult the dermatologist to get to know how to prepare for the treatment. Ask the specialist to go through your medical history and recommend whether you are the ideal candidate for microneedling plus glycolic acid peel or not. Discuss your expectations about the results.
- Don’t get any other skincare treatment at least one week before this procedure.
- It is recommended to stop taking acne treatments or retinoids one week before getting the treatment.
- Avoid waxing or threading the treatment area a few days before the procedure.
- Refrain from sunbathing or tanning for 48 hours before the treatment.
- Keep your expectations realistic.
- It’s better to avoid wearing makeup right before the treatment.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment at the clinic to finish last-minute paperwork, if any.
During the recovery time, you must:
- Avoid sun exposure.
- Do not rub or pick your face.
- Refrain from using any medication for 42-72 hours after the treatment.
- Your skin becomes more sensitive after the treatment, so make sure to use gentle skincare products.
- Regularly wash the treated area with a hydrating cleanser.
- Make sure to wear sunblock when you are going outside.
- You can apply makeup right after the treatment to cover the redness (if you are experiencing any), but it’s better to wait until the next morning or for 24 hours.
Pros and Cons of Microneedling Plus Glycolic Acid Peel
- You will get brighter, glowy, tighter and refined skin than before
- Encourages collagen production
- Significant reduction in ageing signs and scars
- Skin detoxification
- Evens out skin tone
- Effective for clogged pores
- Shrink pore size
- Non-invasive treatment with no downtime
- Increases the skin’s sensitivity to UV rays.
- Everyone is not a good candidate for this treatment. Anyone with active acne, irritated skin, psoriasis, eczema or any other chronic skin condition must avoid receiving the treatment.
- Tips to Find the Best Provider
To get ideal results, make sure to receive microneedling plus glycolic peel treatment from a professional who:
- specialises in this particular field
- is an expert in his work
- has extensive experience
- has proper certification
- has a strong portfolio of work
The Bottom Line:
Although you can do this treatment at home with less concentration of glycolic acid peel, however, to avoid any serious risk and yield great results for a long time, it is recommended to get this treatment under professional supervision.
Now you must be thinking on how to find the best service provider near you. Don’t worry if you need an expert who helps you in getting flawless skin than Expert is here. Just Come to us, we will do this fantastically for you!
Why Choose Us?
- Competitive Prices:
We offer the best services all over the UK at the most affordable prices.
- Experienced Staff:
We have qualified and experienced professionals who have years of experience in the industry.
You can trust us because we value lasting relationships with our customers!
Why Microneedling plus glycolic peel is popular to treat skin issues?
What Is Microneedling?
- A lunch-time skin rejuvenating treatment
- A perfect combo entails the benefits of both microneedling and glycolic peel.
- acne scars.
- uneven skin tone.
- pigmentation issues.
- dull complexion.
- aging signs.
Benefits of both treatments:
- No downtime.
- Satisfactory results.
- Improved collagen production.
- Detoxify the skin.
- Brighter, glowy and tighter skin than before.
What is microneedling plus glycolic peel?
- The one-two punch treatment.
- Feature benefits of both microneedling and glycolic treatment.
- Also known as collagen induction therapy.
Why opt for microneedling plus glycolic peel?
- Non-invasive procedure.
- Quick process.
- Best results.
Pros of microneedling plus glycolic peel:
- Encourage collagen production.
- Visible reduction in aging signs.
- Improve skin tone and texture.
- You will get clean, bright and refined skin.
Cons of microneedling plus glycolic peel:
- Increase the skin’s sensitivity to UV rays.
- Not suitable for everyone.