If you want to know more about it, then you have to first know what a hair transplant procedure is. Hair loss is a common problem faced by both men and women. The answer to this issue is hair transplant treatment. Nowadays, both men and women opt for this procedure. The surgery only takes a day.
As the procedure doesn’t take much time, people seem to think that it’s very simple. But the reality is quite opposite as the hair transplant is a very complicated procedure. It has many risks and side effects. The purpose of this article is to guide people about the hair transplant procedure, its complications, and its side effects.
What is a hair transplant procedure?
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are removed from the side of the scalp that has strong hairs and then reinserted into the side that needs hair transplantation. You can search your nearest hair clinic online for example if you are looking for best hair transplant in Islamabad then you can find your nearest hair treatment center with a simple search on Google.
Types of Hair Transplant procedures
The following are the two types of hair transplant procedures:
Cost of Procedure:
Both procedures have different costs. For instance, the cost of an FUE hair transplant in Islamabad starts from 80,000 while the FUT hair treatment cost in Islamabad starts from 60,000.
Risks of the hair transplant procedure:
The hair transplant is a surgical procedure so, it has some risks. They are mentioned below:
- Allergic Reaction: As mentioned above, the hair transplant is a surgical procedure. It is quite a painful surgery so it cannot be done without giving anesthesia to the patient. Some people get allergic reactions from anesthesia. If you are one of those people then a hair transplant procedure is not an option for you. Without anesthesia, the surgery cannot be performed.
- Scarring: When the hair follicles are removed, they leave a scar on the scalp. Sometimes, the scars get filled with puss. This can be quite painful for the patient.
- Damage of hair follicles: This complication occurs in the FUT hair transplant procedure. A strip of the skin is removed from the back of the head. This can damage the surrounding hair follicles. So, the damaged hair follicles cannot be used again if the patient wants to have another surgery.
- Nerve damage: During the surgery, there is also a risk of nerve damage. To minimize the chance of this issue, go to a good doctor for the surgery. For reference, there are many great clinics for hair transplant in Rawalpindi.
- No results: Different people react differently to the hair transplant procedure. Although, it has a very high success rate sometimes it doesn’t show any result at all.
- Another Surgery: If you don’t get any results from the surgery, the doctor may suggest you undergo another surgery as the chances of hair regrowth increase the second time. There are some great clinics for hair transplants in Islamabad F8 area.
Side effects of hair transplant procedure:
The hair transplant procedure is a surgical procedure so it also has some side effects. The following are some of the common side effects faced by people after a hair transplant procedure:
- The area of the scalp can get itchy or infected.
- The scalp remains numb for some time.
- The pain in the scalp is also quite common.
- You will face hair fall. So, don’t worry it is quite common.
- The scalp can also become inflamed.
- The bleeding in the scalp is also a side effect of the hair transplant procedure.
Note: You should immediately contact your doctor if the bleeding doesn’t stop or the pain gets too intense.
A hair transplant procedure is a permanent solution for hair loss problems. It offers a great result but it has some complications as well. It is a one-day surgery. So, there is a misconception that it is also very simple. But the above-mentioned risks and side effects prove that it is not as simple as it seems. Hence, you should consult a good doctor for the surgery.