Hair is considered a symbol of femininity and crowning glory. Women love to keep their hair healthy and stylish. To ensure proper care of our hair, we need to understand and love it. Of all the hair types, 4C stands as the most unique and need for customized care. Incredibly full luscious hair, tight coils, shrinkage, and high density are the characteristic features of 4C hair.
The common challenges associated with 4C hair are:
- 4C hair is highly susceptible to damage and breakage. The ability to retain moisture is low in the case of 4C hair due to which hair experiences a lot of dryness. Breakage and damage are the results of dry hair.
- Hair shrinkage is a great challenge for individuals with 4C hair. They experience high shrinkage – almost more than 75%. Methods like utilizing AMTU hair weights are used to stretch out the hair.
- Tangling of hair is another problem associated with hair. Detangling the knots could be a daunting task if one doesn’t take proper care of the hair.
Though caring for hair requires patience and love, it no longer seems troublesome once you get habituated to the daily hair care routine. Here are a few tips that help you address the problems associated with your hair:
- Moisturize your hair regularly.
Lack of moisture is the reason why 4C hair is so fragile and prone to breakage. Thus, it’s important to moisturize the hair regularly. Use moisturizers and sealants to hydrate your hair. Hair oils like coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, and creams like shea butter are known to hydrate the hair follicles. Make these products a part of your routine.
- Deal with shrinkage cleverly.
Hair shrinkage is devastating because it is the root cause of knots and tangles. You need to be clever while dealing with shrinkage. Explore good ways to stretch your hair. Methods like African threading or utilizing AMTU hair weights for hair stretching can help you get rid of knots and tangles.
Below are the hairstyles that help you embrace the shrinkage.
- Buns and space buns.
- Twist outs.
- Two strand twists.
- Twist braid updo.
- Box braids.
- Bantu knots.
Celebrate the shrinkage with these stylish hairstyles.
- Condition your hair deeply.
Deep hair conditioning should be a part of the daily hair care regimen. Deep conditioning is a must to get rid of tangling and enhance the detangling sessions. Conditioning the hair regularly keeps the hair strong, shiny, bouncy, and healthy. Hairstylists recommend deep conditioning once in 2 weeks.
- Be careful while shampooing.
We know lack of moisture is the major challenge associated with 4C hair. Regular shampooing keeps the hair hydrated and free from dryness. Use mild shampoos and avoid sulfate-containing harsh shampoos. Make sure to wash the hair in sections to prevent the formation of tangles.
- Love your hair.
Last but not the least, learn to love your hair. Women with 4C hair often complain about the devastating effects of 4C hair. Note that managing the 4C hair is easy when you follow a correct regimen and use the right products for your hair. Celebrate and embrace your hair with satisfaction.