The Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the premier educational hubs for those who search for the best in distance education from a reputed institution. There are various programs offered by the university. IGNOU is completely approved by the University Grants Commission and the Ministry of Education. The institution provides UG, PG, diploma and certificate programs in ODL and online mode. One of them is BBA which is provided through the School of Management Studies.
Indira Gandhi National Open University provides top notch educational resources to its students for catering their academic career needs. The website serves the best for every program related to course details, eligibility, fee and other guidelines.
Continue reading to know more about the BBA from IGNOU, its fee, eligibility and syllabus structure.
IGNOU BBA: Online and Distance
In an online and distance BBA from IGNOU, you will be provided with a total of three years to complete the course with a maximum duration of five years. The university provides an online BBA with standard two years of course duration from experienced faculties. It offers managerial skills and training programs through the course. Students must check the basic eligibility criteria for taking admission to the program using Indira Gandhi National Open University online web portal.
The course helps the candidates to gather and collect various types of data related to the corporate sector that is crucial for the business. It increases the skills of the candidates to empower themselves for future opportunities for marketing and business activities.
Course Eligibility of BBA from IGNOU
The basic duration for the course is class 10+2 passed by a recognized board of education. Commerce students are given preference in admission. Students need to check the complete details regarding the eligibility for the program using the prospectus of BBA of IGNOU that is available at ignou.ac.in. There is an entrance test conducted by IGNOU for BBA admission. The application procedure is live as the dates for UG and PG admission have been extended till August 12th, 2022.
The main points related to the qualification for taking admission to BBA in IGNOU are:
A candidate must have passed 10+2 from a valid school board with a good or decent percentage. English background or commerce background students will be preferred.
The applications are accepted online and candidates can easily register themselves using the online web portal that is ignou.ac.in.
The Admission procedure for BBA in IGNOU
The admission procedure is very simple as students are required to get themselves registered at ignou.ac.in.
- The selection will be done based on a personal interview and the entrance test.
- There is no age limitation for the admission to BBA degree program.
- The complete guidelines related to the admission procedure are provided below for your convenience:
- Candidates are required to visit the official website of Indira Gandhi National Open University that is ignou.ac.in.
- After that, they need to hit the New Registration link provide on the UG admission portal for the varsity.
- The registration page will open and you need to fill in some necessary details like your email and course of study.
- Now, create your secure password to make your account secure. A password and secure ID will be sent to your registered mobile number and mail.
- Next, log in to the Students login page and then hit the New Application option there.
- After that, you need to fill in all the details securely like your name, father’s name, mother’s name, password, email etc. Once you have filled in your personal information, proceed for uploading documents on the IGNOU web portal.
- You have to provide all the necessary details regarding your educational qualification for the verification procedure.
- Now, you have to upload all the documents on the IGNOU web page in the prescribed format.
- Candidates are required to check the prescribed limit for the document uploading as it may create some issues while doing the same.
- Now, fee payments can be made using the payment link.
- You can choose your desired fee payment options like internet banking, credit or debit card etc.
- Finally, review your application and then download it for your future reference.
IGNOU BBA is Valid
The degree of BBA from the Indira Gandhi National Open University is completely valid as per the norms of the university. The course is approved by UGC and other educational assessing bodies including the Ministry of Education. BBA helps the candidates to grow in a very accelerated manner. Students will get better opportunities for higher learning and for job opportunities to excel in their skills and to find the best option for their future.
This UG-level course opts my thousands of students from all backgrounds as it’s one of the highly demanding courses for a career. The degree is valid for any type of further certification and diploma program. It can easily be used for taking job opportunities or job profiles in any corporate organization be it government or private.
Fee for IGNOU BBA
The complete course IGNOU BBA fees is about 27200 which can be paid in six instalments. The course fee is very affordable in IGNOU, which proved a great relaxation for the candidates who enrol in this university.
The fee payment can be made using the online web portal of IGNOU. Candidates need to choose their preferred mode of fee payment that is mentioned in the prospectus and the website. A separate link is provided on the web page of IGNOU.
Registration is very mandatory for admission because without it you can’t take admission to a programme.
Specializations to Choose From
Candidates need to choose their preferred specialization from the provided options. They can get complete details regarding the specializations of BBA in the prospectus by accessing the official website of the varsity. You will get many options in the form of specializations like BBA in Retail Management, BBA in Service Management, BBA in Marketing Management, BBA in logistics and supply chain, BBA in HR Management etc. Every specialization provides a specific set of skills and education to the candidates. They can excel in their knowledge in the particular field in which they want to become good corporate professionals.
Syllabus of BBA from IGNOU
Indira Gandhi National Open University provides a bachelor of business administration with top notched resources and faculty. Candidates are required to read various topics in their bachelor’s degree program of BBA. The subjects include Store Operations, Business Organizations, Merchandising and Buying, Marketing, Business Communication and Entrepreneurship, Retail Operations, Customer Value Management, IT Application in Retail, Visual Merchandising etc.
Students are required to read or cover six semesters with three years of duration in BBA. The course provides various exposure for business domains to make good professionals.
Career Scope After BBA from IGNOU
There are many career scopes after a Bachelor of Business Administration because the course empowers the students for various business and corporate goals. Candidates can easily pursue MBA and other courses after the BBA degree program from Indira Gandhi National Open University. The varsity provides good education and skills in BBA with top-notched educational resources and faculties.
If it comes to a career after BBA, candidates can easily choose any type of business or professional field to make their career. However, the salary package may be low as compared to MBA but as a fresher, you can accelerate your career after having some years of experience in the particular field. You can choose Data Science, Digital Marketing, Accountancy etc to make your career.
Candidates can hold various positions after a BBA degree like Account Manager, Event Manager, Marketing Executive, Business Development Executive, Brand and Strategy Assistance, Sales Assistance, Business Operations Assistance, Marketing Assistance etc. All the profiles are very good to provide the best in class job position after completing the program.
Candidates can easily enrol themselves to IGNOU CPC for getting good placement scope after completing their course. They will take relevant training and necessary education to make their career in the field of business domain or something else.
Syllabus of BBA from IGNOU
Indira Gandhi National Open University provide a good and student-friendly syllabus for the welfare of the students. The syllabus structure is very flexible as it provides a perfect insight related to a managerial profile that students can hold after completing their graduation from BBA. BBA prepares students for various industries as per the specialization of the program.
The syllabus and course curriculum of IGNOU BBA includes these topics:
- Fundamentals of Management
- Basic of IT
- Soft skills and Communications
- Customer Behaviour
- Basics of Service Management
- Service design
- Quality of product and services
- Understanding Human Behaviour
- Advancement Corporate skills
- Basic Quantitative Skills
- Services and Economy
- Service Promises
- Data Processing and Reporting
- Delivering and Performing Services
- Managing Service Operations
- Service Entrepreneurship
- Research Process
- Internship reports
Students are required to complete every semester in order to get a promotion to the next one. They should submit their assignments and project works in their concerned regional centers for the evaluation procedure. Candidates are requested to visit the website for more details.