A staircase acts as an important accessory in the house. A qualitative and durable staircase serves its purpose by providing access to the upper floor of the house. Apart from the functional purpose, a modern staircase also provides a unique feature to the home. Therefore, it is important to get your staircases designed effectively. Of course, designing the staircase is not a regular task. Here this article will provide you with all the information you need to consider when getting the staircase customized with the appropriate design.
Benefits of designing the staircase:
Here are some benefits that can be availed of by designing the staircase installed in your house:
- Increases aesthetic appeal of the house: A well-designed staircase acts as the art in the middle of your home. Remember to pick the design for the stairs matching the interior of your house because it works as the stunning focal point for your house’s design.
- Providing creative solutions for the house: If you are having a narrow or compact space then staircase design ideas will help you to utilize the available space in the best way possible. You can get your staircase customized in such a way that it fits in any space limitation and includes curves and many other features to add uniqueness to your home.
- Increasing the resale value of your house: Staircase is one of the first things noticed by the visitors in your house. A beautifully crafted staircase gives a premium feel to the guests. Compared to traditional stairs, a modernly designed staircase will boost the resale value of the house. Installing a well-designed staircase will attract potential buyers to your house and thus, you will get the chance to charge a higher price from them.
- Providing quality assurance: Crafting a staircase using qualitative designs and materials ensures the uniqueness and strength of the staircase. Getting the help of a professional expert in designing the staircase will provide durability to the stairs for a long period of time.
Tips to choose the best staircase designs:
The following tips are essential to consider before selecting any specific staircase design:
- Considering the budget: Before you select any staircase design, it is essential that you consider your budget. This will provide you with an idea of what materials and style you can use for designing your staircase. Look for the design of stairs you like and get some quotes. Doing this will help you to know if the allocated budget is sufficient or not.
- Consider space of the house: Measure the space of your house and based on it, decide the specific design for your staircase. In case your house has narrow space then you should opt for the staircase designs available for small spaces. For instance, you can go with a spiral stairway as it uses less space.
- Considering the materials: Many types of materials such as timber, glass, marble, steel, etc are there that can be used to make the staircase. If you want to use any specific materials for the staircase then pick the stairway design that can incorporate such materials effectively.
- Consider the regulations: It is crucial to consider the building regulations before you decide to get your staircase designed in a particular way. These regulations help the owner of the house to know the minimum width and safety for the staircase. It is always better that you contact the local building inspector before committing to any specific staircase design.
Best design ideas for your Staircase:
Below-given are some unique ideas to design the staircase and thus, enhancing the appearance of your house:
- A Mini Garden: A dash of lush greenery can make your house more lively and fresh. Having a mini cute garden under the staircase can enhance the look of the staircase and thus, your house. It is a great design option when you want to add greenery to your home but don’t have enough space in the house. Hanging shoots on the wall leading to the first floor will give your house the feel of tropical rainforest.
- An Industrial Endeavour: This particular staircase design never goes out of style. And the best part about an industrial endeavor design is that you can easily achieve it. You just need an exposed brick wall to give the staircase of your house an industrial twist. And adding a vertical garden to the wall leading to the first floor will give your home a fresh and alluring appeal.
- Glass and Marble Staircase: If you want the stairs in your house to look and feel elegant then you should go for a staircase made up of glass and marble. Glass and marble gives a grand look to your house. Ask the expert to get you a staircase made of marble along with the glass railing. It is the best combination for modernly designed houses. Steel rods can also be used as a partition to enhance the elegance of the staircase.
- Geometric Juxtapositions: This striking steel staircase is great for enhancing the esthetic look of your house. The juxtapositions between the spiral and linear motifs simply give mesmerizing appeal. This specific staircase can be used to obscure the minimalist outdoor shower which further enhances the privacy without blocking the view.
- Staircase having hidden storage: if you are having a compact-sized house and thinking of where to store extra stuff, then this particular space-saving design is best for you. With the help of this design, you can efficiently use the dead space below the stairs. You can ask the professional to add cabinets and storage units to use the space available under the staircase.
Wrapping up it all!
Having a well-designed staircase in the house not only enhances the aesthetic look of the home’s interior but also increases the resale value of the house. It acts as the focal point of your home. You can find several simple stairs design for home but before selecting any one of them do consider the above-mentioned tips.