QuickBooks is a business accounting software which is marketed for accounting needs of budding and mid-scale businesses. It has quickly become a keystone in the accounting fraternity because of its features and tools. But we understand that QuickBooks users sometimes do run into errors and issues which is very frustrating. Unfortunately, it is true that QB users can encounter a lot of errors like the QuickBooks Error PS107.
QuickBooks Error PS107 happens when QuickBooks says an Internal file has become unreadable and reflects an error message PS107 on your computer screen. The error happens while downloading Payroll Updates.
Here, we will analyze the causes that lead to QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107 and then will move on to the solutions.
If you are not able to fix this error then call QuickBooks Error Support Number: 1-800-865-4183.
What Are the Causes of QuickBooks Error PS107?
- When Intuit’s website server is under maintenance, you cannot download an update for the QuickBooks Desktop payroll service
- QuickBooks keeps checking with Intuit for membership status, and when the membership date has lapsed, you may get QuickBooks error PS107
- When you continue to work on an older version of your finance programming while Intuit has released a new one, the error can crop up
- A virus or malware infection causing damage to the Windows related files
- Data damage in the QuickBooks company file
- Partial installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software can also produce error PS107 in QuickBooks
Steps for Fixing QB Error PS107
Before moving on to the solutions, we highly recommend that you create a backup of your data as a fail-safe option. Also, close all QuickBooks related programs and applications before moving forward.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Application to the Latest Release
Updating QuickBooks may or may not resolve the error, but it ensures the maximum efficacy of the further troubleshooting solutions. Check our intelligible guide on how to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version, and when it is done, try to install updates for QB payroll service. If QuickBooks error PS107 persists, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Get Payroll Updates
- Insert the QuickBooks Payroll Update CD into your desktop.
- Now, open the Get Payroll Updates
- If you are using QuickBooks Pro/Premier edition then click on
- Choose Get Payroll Updates
- Look for the .dat or dat file.
- Tap on the Browse
- Choose CD drive in the Install From
- Click on CD Drive in the drop-down menu.
- Now, select dat or update3.dat and click on the Open
- Tap on the OK button once again.
- Re-open your QuickBooks and check if you are still running into the QB Error PS107 then try to reinstall QB I selective startup mode.
Solution 3: Download & Install Latest Updates for Payroll Tax Table
Before getting started with this procedure, you need to ensure that you have an active subscription for payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop. Now, let’s proceed:
- Click the below-given download link for your version of the QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Accountant 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 19.0
- Now save the downloaded file on your computer and double-click to open it
- Follow on-screen instructions carefully and install the update
If you are still getting QB update error PS107 while running payroll updates, then move to the next method.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
Partial or corrupt installation of the QB Desktop software may also cause the QuickBooks error PS107. Follow the below-given steps to get the task completed:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command
- Type “MSConfig” in the blank area and then hit OK
- Now choose Selective Startup and then select Load system services
- Form Services tab, click Hide all Microsoft services
- Checkmark the box for Disable all and uncheck the box for Hiding all Microsoft Services
- Make sure the box against the Windows Installer is marked before proceeding further
- Now restart the system and reinstall QuickBooks using the clean install
Call on the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1-800-865-4183 to get in touch with the experienced and renowned QuickBooks Support Department of AskForAccounting.
You can give us a call on our number or make use of the QuickBooks Live Chat Support. Both the services are available 24×7 and for all QuickBooks editions and versions.