QuickBooks Payroll Software is beneficial for all business types, and especially for people who own small-medium sized businesses. The payroll module can be customized as per the user’s need with several other useful options.
QuickBooks Payroll user does experience certain errors, and one such error is QuickBooks Error PS033. A damaged file in the CPS folder is most likely the reason behind this error. Therefore, it hinders you from downloading the latest payroll update and also restricts opening company files.
In this blog, I am going to discuss the possible causes behind the QuickBooks payroll update error PS033 and also share a few technical steps to fix it. However, to save you precious time and efforts you can contact to our QuickBooks payroll technical support team by dialing toll-free +1(844) 857-4846.
Causes for QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
Several reasons can lead to QuickBooks Error PS033, and we will look at these causes in brief.
- You have an Inactive or Not activated QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
- More than one active payroll is there in the ‘Inactive Direct Deposit ’
- The ‘ini’ QuickBooks desktop is damaged/broken.
- QuickBooks Data is damaged.
- QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version.
- The service key used is incorrect.
- The Company file EIN is invalid or incorrect for some reason.
- There is an invalid/incorrect Company file PSID
- The QuickBooks Desktop is incompatible with the present Windows version.
- You see QuickBooks Desktop status as Invalid number or EIN
Note: Ensure that you have a valid and active payroll subscription. If your payroll subscription is seen as ‘Deactivated,’ then it is possible that you see errors happening when there are just payment issues or any other concern.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
Solution 1: Download the latest payroll tax table
- Update QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table.
- Choose the Employees > Get Payroll Updates.
- Choose Download the entire payroll update.
- Select the Update option.
- Check if the problem is resolved or not. If it is not resolved, then move to the next step.
Solution 2: Rename the QuickBooks CPS folder
- Locate the following location: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\ Components\Payroll\CPS
QQ in the above step is for reference to the yearly edition such as 2018, 2017, 2016
- Rename the CPS folder to CPSOLD and check whether the problem is solved or not.
- Update Payroll Tax Table
Solution 3: Disable User Account Control (UAC)
It is applicable for UAC settings change (Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7)
After all the steps have been followed:
- Click Windows + R
- Now, Go to RUN
- Enter ‘Control Panel’
- Press Ok
- Click on User Account
- Choose ‘User Accounts (classic view)
- Now change the ‘User account control settings)
- Move aside the slider, and Press ‘Never notify’ option.
Solution 4: Reboot and troubleshoot in safe mode
- Firstly of all, run a verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks.
- After that update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- Reboot your computer system in safe mode and then update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
- Finally, restart your computer.
The above-given solutions should resolve QuickBooks Error PS033 instantly, though if you feel you are confused anywhere and need help, you can seek help at QuickBooks Payroll Support number 1844-857-4846. The technical expert will help you resolve the issue in the shortest possible time.
Source Link: https://bit.ly/3hCi28s