QuickBooks Error Code 6073 (A Complete Fixing Guide)For the last couple of years QuickBooks has gained immense popularity and is consider one of the best accounting software available today. Small and medium businesses heavily depend on this application as it helps in managing their finances, keep a track of their expenses, generate reports, handle the invoices and more. QuickBooks may have a lot many benefits, but it is a software after all and that’s why users face many errors or technical glitches which affects business operations. Some of these errors can be easily fixed while for few others you need to take help from experts. One quite common error is the QuickBooks error code 6073. This error generally happens when someone opens the company file in the multi-user mode. Tackling this issue becomes easy for the user, if certain steps are followed properly. In today’s article, we have discussed some of the relevant solutions to QuickBooks error -6073, -99001. However, if you are seeking for expert assistance or professionals who can fix the error on your behalf, then feel free to call us at our toll-free number 1844-857-4846. Our experts and certified QB professionals will be happy to resolve the issue for you.
Causes of QuickBooks Error -6073?
- The file might be opened in another PC in multi-user mode
- This error also happens if the file is stored in a read-only network folder
- The files are stored in unix or linux computer and the users are trying to sign in to the folders using multiple credentials
- The company file is being accessed by remote operating system and the host system finds that the system is still logged in.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the errorThe QuickBooks File Doctor tool can help in resolving QB issues
- The initial step is to download the most recent version (188.8.131.52) of the QuickBooks tool hub. And then save the file where it can be accessed easily spot it
- And then open the file which was downloaded earlier i.e. QuickBooksToolHUb.exe
- The user is then required to carry out the onscreen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- Followed by double clicking the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub
- The next step in the process is to opt for the company file issues tab in the QuickBooks tool hub
- And also choose the run QuickBooks file doctor tab. This process might take a minute or so, but if in case the tool fails to launch, then search for
- QuickBooks file doctor and then launch it manually
- Now, in the file doctor, make sure to select the company file from the drop down menu. In case the user is unable to find it, then select the browse option to spot the file
- The next step is to choose the check your file and select continue
- To end the process, enter admin password and hit next
Solution 2: Corrupted or Unavailable Network Data FileAnother method that one can opt for is to fix the corrupted network data file. The user can perform the below stated steps and fix the corrupted or unavailable network data file.
- Open Windows Explorer by right-clicking on the Start Button
- Now look for the folder which stores the QuickBooks company file
- After this right-click on the company file with Network Data and QB company file extension
- Now you have to modify the file extension from .ndold and then click on Enter key
- After this open QuickBooks and then the company file
- Now QuickBooks will make another network data file for the company file
Solution 3: The Network data files and transaction log files are labelled as hidden files
- The first thing to do is to open My Computer then go to the Tools menu and then click on the folder options
- After this go to the View Tab and then to Show Hidden files and folders
- Once done, open data folder to check network data files and transaction log files
- Select properties by right clicking on the Network Data files
- Now delete the hidden option and then click on OK
Solution 4: Fix QuickBooks error 6073 manuallyIn case, anybody opens the company file in Single-user mode in another workstation
- The first thing to do is to close QuickBooks Desktop in all computers
- After that open the company file using the host computer
- From the file menu you have to now switch to the multi-user mode
- If the issue isn’t resolved then reboot all the systems
- Firstly, go to the File Menu and select close company
- After that reopen the company file
- Now choose Open or Restore Company from the file-menu
- Open the company file and then click on Next
- ‘Once done, select the company file and then select open file in multi-user mode and open.
- Firstly, go to the computer that is hosting your file
- After that open, the folder where your company file is store
- Now you have to right-click on the folder and then click on Properties option
- After that go to the security tab and then choose the user with login issues and then tap on Edit option.
- Once done you have to Select Allow then Apply and then on OK button,
- Firstly, you have to right-click on the Task Manager and then choose the Task Manager
- Now you have to choose Processes and then check if there are any running processes with the username with which you are having issues
- In case, you find processes under that user then restart your system
- Open tool hub software on your system
- After that choose Program Problems and Select Quick Fix my Program.
- Now start your QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.