QuickBooks Server Busy error comes on QuickBooks Desktop and displays a message- ‘Action can’t be completed as other program is busy.’ The pop-message comes up and restricts workflow. Several factors can cause this error, and specific steps are required to rectify it.
Unless we all know what exactly led to QuickBooks Server Busy Error, it’s hard to specify which solution is apt. Hence, it’s recommended to maneuver systematically with first understanding the causes then approaching to the solutions. we’ll follow this pattern during this blog. Let’s readout.
What causes QuickBooks Server Busy message comes?
On a User response request- once you have server message on your screen and don’t reply to the choices , it gives options like ‘OK, Cancel. Etc’, then it forces the pop-up error message to remain on the screen. If the message remains on the screen, it’ll hinder QuickBooks operations.
- Updates- The error might come up during installing or downloading updates to the system/component software. During Windows updates, when internet security program/firewall is hindering QuickBooks from downloading updates.
- Application shutting issue- If we don’t close the essential files, programs, and components which QuickBooks accesses while working, these are Axbridge, Axelbridge1, QB update, QBDagent, & QB server, etc. just in case these programs and components aren’t properly closed, it’ll reflect a mistake message saying ‘Server Busy.’ Ensure to shut these properly. You can use a Windows Task Manager for a forced closure.
- Multiple User- just in case Multiple computers are hosting the QuickBooks Company file or its components. When a user is accessing the corporate file, and somebody else tries to open it, a mistake message comes up as ‘Server Busy.’
- Memory- Lack of sufficient memory when operating QuickBooks on a network shows QuickBooks Server Busy error. Shutting QuickBooks along side other programs, then restarting your computer to release memory is that the solution here.
- A conflict between QuickBooks Update Manager and a few other program- QB update Manager and another program on the pc might hinder each other’s functioning and cause the ‘Server Error.’
- Intuit Pro-Series (US) or Canada profile can cause conflict- this is often another scenario where Server error comes up.
- Insufficient Resources- A network that doesn’t has sufficient resources to run QuickBooks Desktop might cause errors.
Step to Resolve QuickBooks Server Busy error
QB Server Busy error is an expected one during a multi-user mode. Everything must be in situ to avoid errors in bothering workflow. However, in times when a mistake happened, then perform the below solutions.
Solution 1- Shut all Open Programs
In case, there’s some open program, make sure that there’s no dialogue box up the program. ( example- A dialogue box can open in Microsoft word telling you to save lots of the document. this may cause this error. Ensure to shut of these programs. Additionally, programs like Norton, Google Desktop, vista security, Pivot software control, Windows defender, etc. also can cause this error.
Try using these programs within the ‘Selective Start-up’ in Windows. The Webroot Spy Sweeper also can cause this message and to correct this issue you’ll attempt to disable it or run within the Gamer Mode temporarily.
Solution 2- Check whether Windows are updated or not.
On the Windows, taskbar system tray check if the Windows has installed updates or not. just in case it’s not there and installation is required then complete installation first. Next, restart your computer and check if the updates are happening. If you are doing not see any updates happening then advance to subsequent solution.
Solution 3- Check and pack up the QuickBooks Desktop Components.
- Firstly, close file then exit QB Desktop
- Right-click on the Window taskbar and choose task manager
- Now, Click Process tab
- Complete one among the related QuickBooks processes as listed below within the Infographic.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and open the info file.
Solution 4- Eliminate/Remove QuickBooks Update agent showing ‘Server busy’ message.
- First, Open Start menu and click on ‘All Programs’
- Now choose ‘’
- Right-click on QuickBooks Update agent
- Choose ‘’
- Click ‘Delete Shortcut’
- Now you’ve got to show off shared updates in QB Desktop.
- Firstly, attend the assistance menu and click on ‘Update ’
- Click on the ‘Options ’
- Now attend the ‘Shared download option,’ select ‘NO,’ and shut it.
Solution 5- Applicable if Intuit ProSeries is there on the pc .
Check the ‘Windows Task Manager’ that year is that the XX Intuit ProSeries software. it’ll appear as qbpsevntXXr.exe. Note or take down the year of the executable (XX) during a file name.
- Next Open the Explorer browser
- Search and Open the ‘Intuit ProSeries folder’ for that year.
- Now open the 32-bit folder
- Search for qbpseventXXr.exe, Once you discover it right-click and choose ‘’
- Now add ‘.OLD’ at the top of the renamed file.
- Shut down the Windows Explorer.
Action plan if the above solutions haven’t resolved the difficulty .
In case you’re still at point zero then there’s an inventory of things that you simply can do if to correct it.
- Boot Safe Mode from Windows via networking then start QB Desktop>> restart Windows within the normal mode. this will often help in problem-solving.
- RUN QuickBooks Desktop and add the Windows Selective Start-up and windows safe mode.
- If running QB Desktop on the network then reboot your computer>> reconnect your computer to the mapped drives.
- If the backup or mirroring software is working on the server or network, then it’s regularly scanning the disk drive . To rectify this temporarily disable the software if the matter is sorted. However, if otherwise, then there’s a dispute with the Scanning software that must be corrected.
Also find-: install QuickBooks database server manager