QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816 is one from the 6000 error series, and is usually seen when multiple users try to open the company file in single-user mode. Moreover, the user might also come across such an error in case there is any discrepancy between the transaction file and the company file. Along with that, the system is not able to accept the changes which might end up in such an error. This error comes along with an error message “QuickBooks was unable to open the file on host computer”.
If you are also facing QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 then reading this post carefully, will help you. You can also take assistance from our QuickBooks professionals via our toll-free customer support number 1-844-405-0906. We will be happy to help you.
What leads to the error code 6190 and 816?
The basic causes of the QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816 includes:
- If the user is trying to access the company file on single user mode, when someone else has already opened it
- Or if the update failure results from updating a file on a different system without updating the transaction file can result in such an error
- Also, if the transaction log file might not be matching with the company file
- Data corruption can also be a valid reason
Steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816
Using QuickBooks file doctor tool to fix the issue
The QuickBooks file doctor tool can be of great help in fixing the error.
- The user is supposed to run the tool
- And if the user is not logged in as admin, then make sure to do so
- The user will get two options on the screen, which includes network connectivity only and both file damage and network connectivity
- The user will have to select the first option as that will find all the corrupted and damaged files
- Now, enter the admin credentials, when asked for
- The user will then be asked if the file is on workstation or server, select the option accordingly and hit proceed
- And let the tool fix the error for you
In case you are unable to rectify the QuickBooks error code 6190, 816 issueeven after following the above steps, then make sure that you immediately get in touch with our QuickBooks pro support team at 1-844-405-0906.
Our accounting professionals and certified ProAdvisors, will ensure to provide the best possible support services round the clock.