Did you know that most people vape to quit smoking? CBD oil vape pens are an enjoyable, fast-acting, and cheap way to get instant benefits of cannabidiol. They are also very portable devices that fit in your pocket.
The safety profile of CBD oil vape pen varies from brand to brand. Some brands include harmful substances such as Vitamin E Acetate in their vape juice. Recent studies have also shown that common food additives, like vegetable glycerin (VG) and propylene glycol (PG), found in some CBD oil vape pens are potentially harmful. When such additives are heated, they become carcinogenic.
Unfortunately, government agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) do not regulate the production of CBD oil vape pens. However, there are two main criteria you can use to know the quality, purity, potency, and safety of CBD oil vape pen.
- Third-party lab tests (since there is no standardized CBD testing process, third-party lab tests provide neutral/ unbiased information on CBD oil vape pens. A third-party lab should be accredited or certified to ISO standards.
Most CBD oil vape pens brands make third-party lab test reports/ results in the package of each batch readily available. This action helps build the trust of the customer that the vape pen is of high-quality and safe for use).
- Testimonials (In today’s digital world, it is easy to find any product’s reviews/ testimonials from previous users. You should always check out these testimonials as they can help you figure out the safety profile and quality degree of a particular CBD oil vape pen.)
Things you need to know about CBD oil vape pens.
Classification of CBD oil vape pens.
The two main classes of CBD oil include:
- Disposable CBD oil vape pens/ disposables (they come pre-filled with CBD oil and are usually disposed of after exhaustion of the oil. However, you can refill and reuse them a few times until the vapor starts tasting blunt or become harsh.
People love disposable CBD oil vape pens because they require less maintenance and no cleaning. One downside is that you will end up buying so many of them in your vaping journey; hence, they are expensive in the long run.
- Refillable CBD oil vape pens (some refillable CBD oil vape pens come pre-filled with the vape juice, but their distinctive feature is that you can refill and reuse them numerous times. Before refilling them, you should clean them, and they also require more caution.
The market price of refillable CBD oil vape pens is usually higher than that of disposables, but they are more cost-cutting eventually.
Varieties of CBD oils in vape pens.
CBD oil in vape pens exists in three varieties:
- Full-spectrum CBD oil (this variety constitutes all cannabinoids in the hemp plant’s profile including THC. All full-spectrum CBD oil vape pens in the U.S. must contain no more than 0.3% THC to conform with federal law.)
- Broad-spectrum CBD oil (the difference from this variety to the full-spectrum CBD oil is that it contains no THC (0%). All the other cannabinoids found in cannabis are included in broad-spectrum CBD oil.
- CBD isolate (CBD oil vape pens with CBD isolate deliver the highest purified form of CBD vapor. The purity of CBD in CBD isolate oils can be as high as 99%.)
Another major constituent of CBD oil vape pens is terpenes. You may come across them and wonder what their role is.
Terpenes are highly aromatic compounds produced by a variety of plants. They play two important roles in CBD oil vape pens:
- They add flavor to the vapor produced by the CBD oil vape pens.
- The complement CBD’s effects by creating an “Entourage effect of cannabis.”
CBD oil vape pens can help relieve your pain, sleep better, or reduce your anxiety or depression. They are also the most bioavailable and safe method of ingesting cannabidiol. Despite all these benefits, vape devices are meant to be used by people used who are over 21 years. For this reason, CBD oil vape pens stores, including online ones only sell their products to adults aged over 21 years.
CBD oil vape pens impact people differently. Hence, first-time users should begin with vaping in small doses slowly as they monitor how the CBD takes effect. To date, no severe side effects or fatalities have been reported as a result of directly using a high-quality CBD oil vape pen.