Heart Valve replacement surgery is one of the most crucial and essential surgeries as it involves an open heart surgery whereby the valve is replaced with an artificial mechanical valve.
The surgery ensures that the patient is relieved from the complications like breathlessness or chest pain. The surgery focuses on replacing the damaged valve with stainless steel or aluminum materials, depending on the availability and sustainability.
The surgery is comparatively more complicated than other surgeries, and hence it requires an experienced doctor.
India has been improving its medical infrastructure and provides the latest medical facilities making sure that patients can have a smooth treatment process. If the cost is compared with the United States, then the heart valve replacement cost in India is almost a fraction.
India has turned into a medical hub because of the private and public health care sectors and the easy accessibility of all the services and medical insurance.
Major metropolitan cities in India offer heart valve replacement surgery and offer the best services and proper care.
The heart valve replacement cost in India differs from city to city, but the base price remains almost everywhere.
Here is a list of all the cities where one can avail of heart valve replacement surgery.
1. Bangalore – The base price of the surgery in Bangalore, one of the most well-developed cities in the country, revolves around Rs. 3,23,618.00 and can go up to Rs 8,50,000.00.
2. Hyderabad – Hyderabad is also one of India’s major cities that offers surgery, and the average price is somewhere around Rs. 4,00,000 and can go up to Rs. 5,50,000.
3. New Delhi – The capital city is one of the many cities known for its developed healthcare services, and the average price of the surgery is somewhere around Rs. 3,00,000 and can go up to Rs. 5,00,000.
4. Kolkata – Another important city that offers the surgery, with a base price of around Rs 3,50,000 and can also go up to Rs. 5,25,000.
5. Mumbai – This busy city also has some of the best healthcare sectors, and the base price of the surgery is somewhere around Rs. 3,50,000 and can go up to Rs. 5,00,000.
6. Chennai – One of the major cities of southern India, Chennai has great medical facilities to offer, and heart valve replacement surgery is one of them. The base price revolves around Rs. 3,75,000 and goes up to Rs. 5,00,000.
7. Chandigarh – The base price of the surgery in Chandigarh is somewhere around Rs. 3,75,000 and can go up to Rs. 5,00,000.
8. Pune – Another major city in Maharashtra, Pune offers world-class medical facilities. The base price of the surgery revolves somewhere around Rs. 3,50,000 and can also go up to Rs. 5,00,000.
These few cities round up and give us an idea of the heart valve replacement cost in India.