Did you know you can make sufficient money from a website to quit your 9-5 job through SEO.
Yes, Neil Patel earned around $381,772 in a 30-day period from a blog on his website. E-commerce websites such as Amazon and Google earn around $3392.94 and $2378.23 per second, respectively.
This is just a glimpse of how much you can earn from a website.
However, the problem is the earnings won’t start automatically right after you build a website. You need a great amount of traffic to your website to start earning from it. Whether you want your target audience to purchase products or you want to educate them about something, a substantial amount of traffic is required to serve the purpose of your website.
So, I have compiled six proven strategies here for beginners to double their blog’s traffic.
- Apply basic SEO knowledge
Beginners may often hear a rumor that SEO is dead. Do not pay heed to these myths because SEO is far from being dead. It is one of the most significant factors that determine the traffic to your blog.
In case you don’t know, let me clear the air about SEO first.
SEO is Search Engine Optimisation. It is the process of increasing the online visibility of your website, thereby improving its position on the Search Engine Results Page. Let’s say you type ‘Harvard referencing’ on the search box of Google. You get almost 1 million results. But, chances are you will look at the first few results only as shown in the image. That is the power of SEO. It brings your website to the top of SERPs and increases your online exposure.
The basics of SEO knowledge include:
- Keyword research– Keywords are the words or phrases that your target audience uses to look for your nature of business online. In the example mentioned above, Harvard referencing is the keyword.
- Usage of keywords– Use the keywords (specific to your business) throughout the blogs. Use them in the titles, headings and subheadings, introduction, conclusion, title tags, meta tags, and anchor text.
- Social media connections– Create connections with your potential and existing customers by sharing your blog posts on social media like Facebook and Twitter.
- Hyperlinks – Hyperlink the phrase or term that you have used from another blogger or article. This is ethical blogging practice and can also provide you with a backlink to your website.
I would recommend beginners to begin blogging with WordPress since it’s the easiest. The plugin, All in One SEO can show you the SEO score that lets you know how well your content is optimized.
- Choose the trending blog post topics
You must have a website niche such as fashion, lifestyle, entertainment, or academics. Your blog post topics shouldn’t be only relevant to your niche but should also cater to the current interests of your target audience.
Let’s say your target audience is currently looking for different types of ripped black jeans. But, you end up writing your blogs about little black dresses. Would your target readers be interested in your blog then? No.
Thus, it is important to do thorough research about the trends popular among your target audience. Now the question is how you would know what is trending among your audience? This is where the role of keyword research comes into play.
You can use Google Keyword Planner to identify the most common phrases used by your target audience. This tool lets you discover new keywords, the search volume of each keyword, and the competition for each keyword. You can note down the ones with the highest search volumes and use them in your blogs.
- Write viral content
Do you recognize this man or at least the video/song from this image?
About 95% reading this blog will recognize the video. It is a still from the video of the Korean singer Psy’s Gangnam Style, which is also a great example of viral content. This video became the most viewed video on YouTube only hours after its release.
So, viral content is a valuable piece of content that is shared, seen, commented on, and reviewed multiple times day in and day out.
How can beginners write viral content?
- Tell a good story– Writing viral content is easier than you think. Readers ignore content that sounds boring or robotic. They love stories- emotional, fictional, or non-fictional. They love to share, like, or comment on posts that are relatable to their daily life scenarios.
- Evoke strong positive emotions– As per a study by the professors of the University of Pennsylvania, stories that evoke emotions are most likely to be popular. Share a positive, emotional experience through your content.
- Be precise– Do not beat around the bush if you are trying to create viral content. Get to your point quickly to keep the reader interested.
It’s okay if you aren’t able to come up with an idea for your viral content yet. There are tools that can help you out. For example, Ubersuggest can generate content ideas for you. Answer the Public can let you know about the common queries related to your niche. You can use those ideas and create viral content accordingly.
- Submit guest posts
Guest posts are pieces of well-research content that you are allowed to publish on someone else’s website. Neil Patel stated that one blogger recorded a 203% increase in traffic after his guest posts were featured on relevant and high-traffic websites. The right guest posts can build brand exposure and authority in your niche. If done right, it can drive immense traffic to your blog.
Which sites to trust to submit your guest posts?
Beginners should focus on authority blogs only. Authority blogs are the ones with a lot of social media followers. Before pitching your topic to a site, check their Twitter handle and Facebook page. See if the social media statistics are enough to drive quality traffic to your blog.
Benefits of guest blogging:
- Instant online exposure– You can expect high-quality traffic to your site once your guest post goes live.
- Connections with influencers– You can connect with influencers relevant to your niche once your guest post gains momentum.
- Social media shares– A top-notch guest post is most likely to be shared more on social media rather than other random blogs.
- Brand awareness– Guest blogging is an effective way to establish your authority among your target audience in your niche.
Writing a guest post is, however, no easy feat. It has to conform to the guest post website guidelines. Your posts have to be grammatically and factually perfect. But, trust me, the hard work is definitely going to pay off.
- Update your blogs regularly
The preferences of your target audience change with time. They may not be interested in the content that they liked three months back. Thus, you need to update your blogs so that they never go out of niche or irrelevant. Backdated blogs can bring down your website’s rank on the SERPs and elevate your competitor’s website on the other hand.
You can track the position of the keywords in your existing blog with SEMrush. Check the performance of the priority keywords and figure out which article needs an update. It is as simple as that.
- Focus on email marketing
More than 269 billion emails are sent to over 3.7 billion email accounts daily. Experts also claim that one can receive up to $32 back if they spend $1 on email marketing. Quick Sprout, for example, generated $43,036 in less than 24 hours only because of a single email blast.
You get to build a strong connection with your target audience with an email list by sharing valuable content with them over time. Pop-up dialogue boxes can also bring tons of visitors onto your email list.
How to create emails that provide value to your customers?
- Cater to your target audience’s problems– Find out the queries of your target audience. Offer them solutions to those problems in your emails. For instance, let’s say your target audience is looking for ways to increase blog traffic. So, you write a blog on the same topic and share the link on emails.
- Be clear and straightforward- You don’t take hours to read a mail. Do you? So, why would your readers invest a lot of time in reading your emails? Do not beat around the bush. Get your message across clearly and concisely.
- Personalize your emails– Whether you are promoting your blog or just sending a welcome message, remember nobody likes a robotic email. So, address the recipients by their name while sending them emails.
Email marketing works wonders when it comes to driving quality traffic to your site. But, you have to focus on the content to make your campaign successful.
Website traffic is the only way you can establish your online presence. And the steps to drive traffic to your blog/website aren’t rocket science. Stay focused. Implement the steps one-by-one as discussed above, and you will find quality traffic driving to your website eventually. Keep a check on your competitor’s online activities as well. Identify the blog topics they are using and come up with your ideas accordingly.
Ethan Taylor is a content writer at Assignment Help in the United States. He is specialized in providing cheap assignment help to the school and college students to help them score good grades. Ethan works part-time as a writer at MyAssignmentservices.net.